Ch 20

Date:
August 20 , 1819
Location:
Ballroom
Outfit:
Same

3rd Person POV

     Eliza stood nervously at the main entrance of the castle, playing with her fingers as she waited for this "JD" guy to show up.

     Once in awhile, she'll look into the ballroom and see her friends laughing, dancing, and having a good time together. Sometimes, Alex would look at her and question her through his eyes to make sure she was fine, which made Eliza's heart happy.

     "I don't believe we've met." A sudden voice said from behind Eliza. She jumped and turned around, revealing a man with dark brown, messy hair. "I'm Jason Dean, or JD."

     His voice was so creepy, it scared her. She continued to stare at him in shock. Once he grabbed her attention by placing a kiss on her hand, she cleared her throat.

     "I-Uh... H-Hi. I'm E-Eliza." She said. She really didn't like him already. "S-So um... all you have to do is-" She started before she interrupted her.

     "Pretend to be in love with you. Trust me, I won't have pretend." He said, which made Eliza more uncomfortable. She knew this was a terrible idea.

     "O-ok... follow me." She said shakily. She turned around awkwardly and made her way into the huge room of people.

She felt so uncomfortable, even just knowing that he was behind her made her scared for her life.

Before she knew it, she was approaching Angelica. "U-Uh.. Angie?" She said, making the said girl to turn around. She smiled once she saw Eliza, but it quickly disappeared when she made eye contact with the mysterious man.

"Is this..?" Angelica asked slowly? Eliza nodded.

"Yeah. This is Jason Dean. My crush." She said, emphasizing the last word. The older girl continued to look at JD in shock before pulling Eliza in and whispered in her ears.

"I thought you said you were going to tell him." Angelica said angrily.

"I will, I promise. It just takes time." Eliza responded, making the other women roll her eyes.

     "Really? Just leave this man alone, find Alexander, and just tell him. Do it, or I will for you." She said.

     "I can't just leave him! Yeah, he's creepy and looks like he can kill someone, but maybe he's a nice guy! I promise you, I'll tell Alex by the end of the night. But let's just give this man a chance. Don't judge a book by its co-" She started.

     "But this is time to judge a book by its cover!" Angelica said.

     "Angelica!" Eliza scolded at her.

     "What?! Look at him! He hasn't said one word to me yet and I'm already getting terrified!" She said.

     "Please? Like I said, he may be nice. Just give a chance, ok? And if he's actually what we think he is, we'll have him leave and we'll never talk to him again." Eliza said.

     Angelica rolled her eyes once more before huffing and pulling back. They turned back to JD and put on small smiles.