Ch 11

Date:
August 12, 1819
Location:
Queens bedroom, guest room

Date:August 12, 1819Location: Queens bedroom, guest room

Outfits:Same for Alex

Outfits:
Same for Alex

Outfits:Same for Alex

3rd Person POV

Eliza stood in her bedroom, wearing a gold dress. She looked at herself in the mirror. Today was the day her best friend was getting married to someone Eliza loved.

She knew her best friend loved the man so much. So she couldn't tell her that she loved the same man. Besides, it was too late. She couldn't say it on her wedding day.

But Eliza loved the man. So much. And so did the man. They had a special connection. They wished nothing more than to be with each other, but they knew it could never happen now.

Eliza was happy for her friend that she found love, but she was also jealous.

She wished she could just end it all. Just leave the world. The one time she found love and that person loved her back, they got taken away by someone else.

Eliza grabbed a knife, pointed it to her chest, and-

Eliza's eyes shot open, realizing that she was in her bed, laying in a pool of sweat. It was only a nightmare. It wasn't real.

She sat up, rubbing her eyes and the back of her neck to calm herself down.

She hated nightmares, but since she became queen, she's been having more of them than she had in a life time. It was such a stressful time in her life, but she couldn't talk about it with any one.

After a while of trying to go back to sleep and failing, she got up and left her room to take a walk.

Soon, she found herself making her way to Alexander's bedroom. She silently knocked on the door, hoping he was still awake. Luckily, she heard a voice telling her to come in.

     She opened the door and saw him at the desk, writing something like always. He looked up and smiled. She tiredly smiled lightly back.

Alexander- Hello.

Eliza- Hey... What are you still doing awake? It's almost 2:00 am...

Alexander- I'm not really tired, so I just decided to write like I always do. What's up?

     He put his quill down and leaned back into the chair.

Eliza- I can't sleep...

Alexander- Well, you look tired.

Eliza- Hmm...

     Eliza hummed in response, placing her head against the doorframe and shut her eyes. Alex couldn't help but give the smallest laugh and smile.

Alexander- Do you want to lay down?

     It took awhile before Eliza nodded and barely opened her eyes to walk to the bed. She lifted up the covers and jumped into the bed, melting into the warmth of the blankets.

     She closed her eyes and tried to sleep. She heard Alex pick up the quill and continue writing. He continued to write, but spoke quietly to her.

Alexander- Well, you seem really tired. Why can't you go to sleep?

Eliza- I just had this nightmare and can't recover from it, and I'm too scared to go back to sleep because I don't want to have that dream again...

Alexander- What was the dream about?

Eliza- Honestly, I don't even know... I was standing in front of a mirror in a gold dress and somehow knew that someone really close to me was getting married to someone I love just as much as they do. So, I picked up a knife, pointed it at my chest, and then I woke up.

Alexander- I'm sorry.

Eliza- I'm used to it.

Alexander- What do you mean?

Eliza- I've been having a lot of nightmares since you guys left.

Alexander- Eliza, I don't think that's good for you! It's not mentally healthy if you've been having non-stop nightmares for that long.

Eliza- I don't mind...

Alexander- Well, I do. And it's really sad that you don't. That's like saying you don't care about your mental health. And it's probably because of the lost of two moms, your dad, your friends, your siblings, and becoming queen all at the same time. I know it's hard to comprehend all of that and it sucks that you had to deal with it, but I don't like it. You got all of this pressure on you at once, and it's-

Alex looked up and saw that she was somehow already asleep. He sighed and knew it was probably best that she went to sleep instead of listening to him rant, which may give her even more anxiety.

He put down his quill and walked to the bed, carefully picking her up and made his way to her room. He got a few judging glares from the servants but whispered and explained it to them.

Soon, he got to her room and opened the door. He carefully placed her on the bed and quickly walked out, knowing he'd get in trouble if he stayed in there. But, he got caught anyway.

The second he closed the door, he became face to face with Emilee.

Alexander- U-Uh, he-hey Emilee. How's life?

Emilee- What were you doing in there?

Alexander- I can explain... she had this nightmare and so she came to my room to talk about it. She told me about how she has had nightmares for awhile now, and I started ranting about how that wasn't healthy, but she fell asleep. So, I had to carry her back to her room and- please don't kill me.

Emilee- Don't worry, I won't hurt you. And you're lucky I'm the one that caught you and not Raul. He wouldn't even let you explain. He'd just kill you right here, not letting you say a word.

Alexander- Oh, ok. That's uh... that's great to hear.

Emilee- But can I ask a question?

Alexander- Of coarse. Anything you want.

Emilee- Do you like Eliza?

Alexander- No.

Emilee- You sure.

Alexander- Yep. I gotta go now. Good night, Emilee.

He quickly started to fast walk back to his room. There's no way he likes the brat.

A/N- hi