Ch 16

Date:
August 13, 1819
Location:
Queens bedroom
Outfit:

Date:August 13, 1819Location:Queens bedroomOutfit:

Eliza POV

     I paced back and forth around my room, biting my nails and letting a few strands of hair fall in my face.

     Last night, I made the worse mistake of my life: I told Alexander about my crush on Jason Dean. You may be thinking 'how could that be bad?' Well, here's the thing: there's no Jason Dead. I completely made him up because I couldn't tell Alex about my... SMALL ATTRACTION to him.

I messed up bad. And worse of all, he wants to meet "Jason Dean". That just made this whole thing worse.

     Luckily, Theodosia came into the room and shut the door. I looked at her and instantly started to yell.

     "Theo, I need you're help! I told Alex that I loved this man who I completely made up, and now he wants to meet him and I don't know what to do-" I yell in one breath before she interrupted me.

     "Eliza, calm down. I have no idea what you just said. Take a deep breath." I did as she said before she continued. "Now, What happened again? And say it slowly."

     "Last night, I was talking with Alexander and we started talking about love and stuff. I forced him to talk about his crush, but then he forced me to talk about mine. And so-" I started.

     "Who's your crush?" She asked. My mouth flew shut. I didn't want to tell her that I have an ATTRACTION to him. "E... who is it? Do you like Alexan-"

     "No, don't be ridiculous!" I said, but she only narrowed her eyes. "Fine, I have an ATTRACTION to him. A very small one."

     "Ok, now go on." She said as she gave a satisfied smile that I told her.

     "So when he forced me to tell him, I didn't actually tell him." I said, turning around and slowly walking the other way.

     "Elizabeth, what did you do?" I heard her ask. So she really didn't hear what I said earlier. God dang it.

     "I may have... made up a completely random guy... and made a completely fake background for him... and told him how he travels around... and now Alex wants to meet him.." I said slowly, playing with my fingers.

     When I didn't hear anything, I turned over my shoulder and saw her looking at me with widened eyes and jaw dropped.

     "You didn't." She asked. I bit my lip and shamefully nodded, making her jaw drop even more. "Elizabeth Phillipa Schuyler!" She yelled at me. I turned my whole body around and shushed her.

     "Please, you can't tell anyone about this." I said, playing with my fingers out of nervousness.

     "Oh, I won't. But you have to!" She shot back at me.

     "Theo, What should I do?" I asked, becoming more and more nervous by the second.

     "Tell Alexander as soon as possible!" She said.

     "I can't now! He believes me, and I told him that I never lie to him. And if I tell him I lied, he'll hate me and leave!" I said. I was almost to tears. Yeah, sometimes when I'm nervous I cry. I hate that about me.

     Theo looked around for a bit, trying to think of an answer before sighing and looking back at me. "Ok, I'll have some people go out into town and find someone who matches this "Jason Dean" person."

     I smiled and walked to her, hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much." When we separated I smiled, but she didn't.

     "You're welcome. But soon, you'll have to tell him." She said. I crossed my arms across my chest.

     "But, I can't-" I started.

     "Yes you can. Just tell him that you like him instead." She said, grabbing my arms gently.

     "I can't-" I said again.

     "Yes, you can Eliza. Stop doubting yourself." She said, but I looked down. "Hey, if you need some time to prepare, you can have as much time as you need."

     I looked back up into her eyes. "Really?" She nodded.

     "I'd rather have you prepared then see you get embarrassed." She said. I frowned playfully but pulling her back into a hug.

     After a few seconds, we separated and she left. Hopefully, she finds someone.

————————

     A few hours passed, and most of them I stayed in my room away from them. Once in awhile, one of them would come in bored and try to talk but soon left.

     I was drawing on a piece of paper when Theodosia came storming back in and shut the door behind her. She headed to the desk and I put my drawing away.

     "What happened?" I asked. She smiled and rested her hands on the desk.

     "I think they found someone." She said. I looked up at her in shock.

     "Are you serious?" I asked. She nodded and I smiled. "Really? What's him name?"

     "Here's the funny part: his name is actually Jason Dean, but he goes by JD." She said. I looked at her in more shock.

     "Huh. I thought that name was familiar sounding." I said. "Is he here?"

     "No, he's at his farm now." She said.

     "Oh. I guess the next thing we do is figure out how to introduce him to my friends." I said.

     "We can have a ball. That seems like a simple way of introducing him." She said. I frowned.

     "We just had one last week." I said. I really didn't want to have another ball.

     "That still seems like the best option." She said. I sighed and thought for a bit.

     I really didn't want to have another ball it was getting to the point where I actually couldn't stand them.

     But she had a good point. It may be the best option right now.

     "Fine. We can have another one. But I won't like it." I said.

     "I know, but you can do it." She said before walking back to the door.

     "When do you want it?" She asked. I thought once more.

     "How about in one week. The sooner the better." I said. She nodded and left, closing the door behind her.

     Great. Just peachy. Another ball. Yay. I love them more than anything. Might as well tell my friends. I got up and headed to the door.

A/N- hi. I'm back from the dead (vacation). I spent an extra few days off to rest, tutor my brother (which is still going on), clean, and have some guests over. Next week, the 22nd, starts my evening rehearsals but I should be able to update during then. But just know that the 29-3 are the days I won't be updating. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter, and I'm gonna try to do the dialogue like this now instead of the other way. Ok bye