Ch 17

Date:
August 13, 1819
Location:
Guest bedroom
Outfit:
Same

Eliza POV:

     I made my way to Peggy's room and knocked on the door. Soon, the door swung open and revealed the always happy Peggy jumping up and down. Her loose curls bounced with her (that sounds so wrong when I read it, but I'm keeping it lol-Kaitlyn)

     "Hi!" She said happily. I smiled with her.

     "Good afternoon." I said. She moved out of the way and let me into the room and shut the door behind me. I saw Angelica sitting on the bed. We smiled at each other.

     "What's going on?" Peggy asked.

     "Ok, don't judge but last night Alex and I were talking-" I stopped when I saw Peggy smirk. "We were talking. Long story short, he asked if I liked someone and I lied about this man, but turns out this man is actually real. And so now since Alex wants to meet him, we're planning another ball."

     "So, that's what you came here for?" Angelica asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Basically, Theodosia and I are planning a party for next week, and this JD guy is going to be coming over, so please pretend like it's real." I said.

     "But why not just tell Alexander the truth?" Angelica asked.

     "I can't tell him that I lied. He will hate me!" I said.

     "Not if you tell him that you like him." She simply stated.

     "I don't like him!" I said, starting to get a bit annoyed.

     "Uh Huh. That is a huge, major lie. I can hear it in your voice and see it in your body language." Peggy said.

     "Guys, I don't like him! He's only a friend, and only ever will be a friend! Gosh!" I said. I got up and started pacing around the room. "And even if I did like him, which I DON'T, he likes a girl already!"

     "And could that girl be you?" Angelica asked with the smallest smirk.

     "No! We're only friends!" I said angrily.

     "Ok, calm down Eliza. We're only teasing." Angelica said as they both started to laugh. I crossed my arms and watched them.

     "So you planned an entire party just for this JD guy to meet Alex?" Peggy asked. I nodded.

     "Of coarse. How else would they meet?" I asked.

     "Just... invite him over?" She said.

     "Well, as much as I hate balls with Theo bringing random men over just to woo me, it can get pretty fun sometimes. Like some dances, for example." I said. "But most of the time they are pretty boring."

     "What type of dances?" Angelica asked. I thought for a bit before answering.

     "Well, this once dance is basically this "setting up a couple" dance. The band plays this fast tempo song, while the ladies stand in the middle and the men stand on the outside and they walk in the opposite direction. Then when the music stops, you have to dance with whoever is across from you. That's probably my favorite only because the band plays at the fast beat." I said with a smile.