Ch 14

Date:
August 12, 1819
Location:
Queens bedroom

Outfits:

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV

Later at night, around midnight, Alex slowly made his way to Eliza's room. He mentally prepared a few lines of what he would say.

Of coarse he was nervous. He thought Eliza would think he was crazy for asking to hang out for a bit.

Before he knew it, he was standing at her door. He hesitantly knocked on it, soon receiving a "come in", which he did. He opened the door and saw her standing by her window and looking out. She turned and faced the door and smiled.

Eliza- Hello. How are you?

Alexander- I'm fine.

Eliza- I'm guessing you all and my siblings are on good terms?

Alexander- Yeah, I guess so...

He fiddled with his hands for a bit. For some reason,he only found himself being nervous around her if he was the one who would start the conversation.

He made small steps into the room and shut the door, walking to the desk and sitting at it.

Eliza- What's wrong?

Alexander- Oh, nothing. I was just wondering... what are you doing tonight?

Eliza- Nothing, like always. I finished my work for the day earlier, so it's just another lonely, boring night alone.

Alexander- You know, I heard something about a small party at this pub in town. We can go there.

Eliza- No. No we can't.

Alexander- Why not?

Eliza- I'm not allowed to leave the castle grounds.

Alexander- What? Why not?

Eliza- Theodosia, my maid and care giver, said that it would be too dangerous for me to go anywhere. Especially since I'm a queen with no husband, siblings near, no parents, or anyone really. So, I'm not allowed out anywhere past the gates.

Alexander- I'm guessing it's been like that for 5 years?

Eliza slowly nodded, biting her lip a bit.

Alexander- That's stupid! Bullshit!

Eliza- Well, it's for my safety. Besides, I don't care. Where would I go anyway?

Alexander- Well, There's a whole freaking world you can explore.

Eliza looked back out the window and sighed. She did want to explore it, so badly. After all, it has been half a decade since she did.

Alexander- Why don't we just go?

Eliza- I told you, I can't. There's guards, a gate-

Alexander- Who said anything about those? We can just hop over the wall.

Eliza whipped her head around to face a smirking Alexander. She thought for a second. It would be worth it. Her dream of leaving will be fulfilled.

Eliza- Ok. But we can only be out for about an hour or two.

Alexander- Deal. And should you change? Do people know what you look like?

Eliza- The townsfolk probably don't know what I look like since it's been so long and I look different than a few years ago, but the rich ones do know since they go to the parties. So I'll still change.

Alex nodded and turned around to let her change. After a few minutes, she came out from the changing room and told him he can turn around.

The two of them locked her door, blew out the candles, and headed to the balcony. They quietly made their off it and climbed up the vine wall. They sat on top of the wall and looked over.

Alexander- You ready?

Eliza- I'm kind of nervous..

Alexander- It'll be fine. I promise.

She gave a small smile as Alex jumped off the wall and landed on the ground of the other side. Eliza looked down nervously. Alex waved for her to come down. She took a small breath and jumped.

She landed on the ground, but felt a pair of arms around her, semi-catching her and helping her land safely. She couldn't believe that after 5 long years, she was finally outside of the wall.

A/N- Hi. So this is really, extremely awkward. So I actually wrote this today (on Saturday) and I had this long day of going this Stanley Cup celebration (let's go Blues!) And I'm so, extremely tired and sore, that I can barely stay awake and I still have to practice my clarinet and write a chapter for my other book on my other account that goes up tomorrow. You can hate me, I deserve it for promising an actual chapter. But I promise that I will make a long chapter that I'll post some time soon.