Chapter 9

"Why didn't any of you tell me that Hunter was related to Nate and Harry?" I ask my friends, as we sit down at our table in the cafeteria. 

"We thought you knew. I mean he's there cousin I thought they would of told you." Charlie shrugs in response to my question. 

"Nate told me he hated his cousin Eric who lived next door." 

"Eric? Oh I completely forgot that's Hunter's actual name. I guess we're just used to everyone calling him Hunter at school." Annabel says as she takes a bite out of her burger. 

"Well you know now." Charlie gives me an amused look, I just ignore him as I start eating my fries. 

"Yeah I know now, and it's great to know that he's out to mark me and he lives right next door to me. Oh and it gets better his bedroom is right across from mine. I have to keep my curtains shut at all times now because he can just look directly into my bedroom if he really wanted to." 

"That's scary." Claire gives me a concerned look. "Can you not swap rooms?"

"No the boys live on the other side of the house for one reason only. Eric." I state. "And I would just feel weird moving into Jenna's bedroom but I don't see why I should have to move, I like my room, so I'm staying." 

"Okay then." Claire shrugs, not knowing what else to say to me. To be honest there isn't much left to say on the situation. 

"Don't look now." Charlie says, making me look. 

"Hey Brit." The devil himself walks past our table, with Alex and Joshua walking behind him. Mason and Issac on the opposite side of the table, definitely trying to make us feel caged in. I throw him a fake smile and he chuckles in response. 

"Asshole." I say under my breath as they walk past. 

"Why did they feel the need to walk past our table?" Annabel questions. 

"It's obviously part of their game." Claire comments. 

"But what is his game? I still can't figure it out." Charlie sits there thinking. 

"I don't know and I don't care." I say continuing eating my fries. 

*Buzz Buzz* My phone vibrates next to me on the table. 

Nate: What did Eric want? 

I turn around and see Nate looking over in my direction. 

Emma: Nothing. 

Nate: It didn't look like nothing. 

Emma: He just said hi. It was nothing. 

"Ouch" I yelp as someone's hand hits the back of head. I look up to see Harry laughing at my response. 

*Screech* the sound of a chair being pushed away from a table by force, makes our heads turn towards the back of the room. I look over and see Eric stood up, his fist hit against the table as he looks over in our direction. What's his problem? 

"What was that for?" I ask Harry, looking away from Eric who has sat back down now but is still staring over at us. 

"Nothing, I just felt like it." Harry laughs. 

"Well thanks, aren't you nice." I sarcastically say, pushing him away, as I turn back around to face my friends. 

"What did Eric want?" Harry asks. Oh great the exact same question his brother just asked me. Let's see if he gives me the same response.