Chapter 1

Sleepless nights, doe eyes and flirting

Year 25XX, October 20, Monday. 

Today, nineteen years and ten months later, the same Omega was dangling down the ceiling, his legs intertwined with a rope and his head hanging towards the ground. Beads of sweat were accumulating on his forehead as he struggled to keep himself steady. His hands were trembling due to the adrenaline pumping in his bloodstream.

He was using his ears to the top of their ability to pick up any usually inaudible sounds of the pieces clicking together as he tried to move them carefully, to solve the hieroglyphics and get the tablet free of the statue's stone hold. One mistake and he would be buried in rubble worth a 10 feet tall stone statue.

He had only 10 minutes to finish his job before the security noticed him. 4 minutes to unlock the hold, 30 seconds to paint and 5 minutes 30 seconds to escape out of clean sight.

A soft click was all he needed to hear as an affirmation that the tablet was now free. He swiftly slipped the tablet from the statue's hands and simultaneously clicked the button which activated the small pulley on the ceiling and which pulled him up, 6 minutes at hand.

He manoeuvred his body to swing across the room, towards the wall in front and grabbed hold of the vent, 5 minutes 30 seconds left at hand.

After a series of actions involving severe body straining such as crawling up in the vents, slithering through bars and cutting steel nets, he was finally on the rooftop with 3 minutes left- he had to get off the perimeters of the Museum.

His ears began to pick up sounds of footsteps 2 floors beneath. It is only at times like these he felt thankful for his werewolf capabilities.

His eyes caught sight of the helicopter he had been waiting for, hovering silently just like the dead of the night coming closer to the museum, so he ran. Legs pushing him ahead in full force, he gained enough momentum and jumped off the roof and caught the rope ladder hanging down from the doors of the helicopter. Leaving his pursuers in dust, he was flying away from the museum.

The guards came up to find nothing but a red 'V' painted across the floor of the roof. In the beginning, he had painted it as a celebration of his victory but that had ended up earning him his title as the infamous Thief V instead. He didn't mind the fame that came with it because it only brought more clients for him. He wouldn't consider it as marking his territory but it could suffice.

Through his years of experience, he had mastered his art of a flawless crime but the gadgets provided by clients were the cherry on the top, making his job a lot easier. Yeah, he stole for money but an orphan like him needs to earn his own bread. However, sometimes his own desires also drove him to steal a painting or two for keeps.

Back in his apartment, you could smell the Darjeeling tea brewing on a mild flame if you passed by the kitchen, its bitter-sweet fragrance spreading throughout