Chapter 18

(18k tf? Again thank you!! You guys are amazing, thank you to everyone who voted and the ones who commented, it was fun talking to you!!,

And please do not skip the origin chapters,,this is a plot-heavy fic and I don't want you to miss out on those amazing bits especially Jungkookie's,,,, stream 7!!)

Feathers, castles, and the Hidden one

It's December 21, the beginning of the holidays. It's been almost two months since Taehyung and Jeongguk started dating.

Their romance was blooming like it was meant to, and they couldn't be happier spending time together almost every day in Jeongguk's apartment. Taehyung would want to move in with Jeongguk if it weren't for the secrets he was hiding. He has a life he has kept hidden from everyone -his profession and his identity as a werewolf.

And he also has his heat to deal with.

(Reminder that Taehyung is still experiencing his pre-heats)

Currently, Taehyung is at Seokjin's place. He had locked himself up in the room that the doctor had kept for him. He usually uses suppressants during his heat. But from time to time, he goes through them to keep himself and his wolf healthy. That's something he can do for his other self.

He was in his bed, waiting for his heat to take over. But today was different; he had built himself a nest, a nest of Jeongguk's clothes on his bed- the ones he had borrowed from him to wear to college and then had forgotten to return. He knows Jeongguk isn't a werewolf, but his instincts have led him to do this since he sees a potential partner in him.

Soon it did hit, the first wave of pain, leading him to wither and whimper. It had him crying tears and passing out every now and then. Among all that, Jeongguk's clothes somehow made it so much easier. There was a faint scent brimming from them. Something he wasn't able to smell before, but his hypersensitive nose is recognizing now.

Strange, since this is impossible, Jeongguk's just a human... isn't he? a thought registered but his consciousness failed to stay and he passed out again.

Taehyung has been suspicious of it lately. Something about Jeongguk stands out when compared to other humans. Taehyung sometimes finds scents lingering in his apartment too. A strong scent like what an alpha would have, but it's different. Though he can't seem to point it out.

Surprisingly the scent doesn't make him uncomfortable as all alpha scents do, doesn't irritate his nose, and it has got Taehyung on his toes. He doesn't know how to feel about the possibility of that scent belonging to Jeongguk. That would mean Jeongguk is hiding something from Taehyung too. He doesn't know how to feel about it because he, too, is hiding something big from Jeongguk. How is he supposed to judge him?

On the other hand, he wondered why he hadn't had a whiff of his scent before this. They have been that close so, it's confusing to him.

He had sensed that scent only a few times, that too, at his apartment and nowhere else. Then there was also the possibility of someone else visiting Jeongguk's apartment, leaving their traces behind. This possibility was far scarier to Taehyung. Why? Because it's someone other than Jeongguk, someone, who can be another 'Were' just like Taehyung, someone whom his body doesn't reject, and this someone's scent was on Jeongguk's clothes.

As emotional as an omega can be in their heat, Taehyung was going through mood quakes thinking all these things.

He was crying one moment, then angry at another because how dare Jeonggukie do this to him?

His conscience was screaming at him that Jeongguk would never do that to him, he too knew it, but the thought kept digging itself deeper the more he thought about it. He shouldn't be keeping it to himself anymore; it's not healthy for them, their relationship.