Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The Origins
(part 2.1)

Year 12XX: 105 years after the establishment of the Kim Empire; the Vampires began to wreak havoc

He was running along in the meadows, having the Moon follow him, taking the wind for his companion.

His form was something invisible to the nomads' eyes, dispersing in the mists as if he was never there. As if he was there but as true as an illusion.

His eyes were as red as rubies, floating in a pool of black- a mirror for all the happenings of the night. A mirror because it only perceived and then reflected them to the world from which they came, the world with which he no longer had anything to do with.

A world of which he was no longer a part of - a world which he had disconnected from himself.

He doesn't remember much about his previous life other than the fact that he once had one and that he was a beast who was feared of, feared for no reason, and then hunted down just because.

His being was conjured into another by nature when his soul didn't leave the mortal realm to pass on to the other. It spoke to him, expressing that he had greater purposes. He still couldn't understand what purpose he could have in this realm when his existence was the same as that of an outcast.

He was still feared by the supernatural, which could sense him, and see him. He could feel it even more at such times, the sense of nostalgia when the never-ending loneliness still felt stuck to him like an unwanted companion. Like a forsaken parasite eating him away bit by bit.

Those were the times that he would find himself howling on a cliff, his aggrieved voice stirring fear among all that could hear.

The only time he would feel a sense of comfort was on full moons when the voice that talked to him would return. The air would caress him like he was a cub of its own whenever she would speak to him. Her voice was gentle, like that of a mother talking to her child.

She told him that he wasn't alone. She told him that he was an outcast of neither the spirit realm nor of the mortal one.

He belonged to both.

He never understood why she was so kind to him. She would speak like she had the knowledge of the entire universe worshipping her on its knees.

He always wondered why he would link her to the moon. Was it because he could only hear her on the nights of the full moon?

Once there came a time when he did ask the voice what it was or rather who it was. She told him.

She was exactly what the beast had thought she was, the Moon. It easily convinced him given her qualities. But there he was, left with another question drowning his mind.

Why would such a divinity interact with a beast like him?

The answer, he would find in the forthcoming.