Chapter 16

present day

It has been two weeks since Jeongguk arrived at the college. On the weekend of the second week, a charity art exhibition was organized by the college. Taehyung, too, had submitted a painting for it. The exhibition was meant to showcase their paintings for the upcoming auction which was to be held on the coming Saturday.

The idea of the painting that Taehyung had submitted had occurred to him in a dream when he had dozed off while reading his course books.

The theme was darker shades, like what Taehyung usually painted. It represented -firm beliefs and determination. What came across as unusual to Taehyung himself was that he drew a person for the first time.

It was a portrait of maybe a knight, maybe a commander. Somehow he himself wasn't sure, but he knew that the person had been heading to war. His hands had moved on their own accord at that time. They were trying to bring to life what he had seen in this dream that felt too real to be one.

In his dream, he saw the Knight walk into the room he was in. His body was encased in an armour. He looked as if he was reluctant to leave, looking at him directly in his eyes. Everything about him was screaming danger, but Taehyung wasn't afraid. He, too, was looking at the knight returning his piercing gaze.

His face was covered with a mask -only his red eyes were visible to him. His black hair was long and reached up to his shoulder, a sword on his back. Then the knight moved; he bent down on the ground on one knee, Taehyung could see all the small details that were carved and imprinted into the armour. They had intricate patterns of ancient scriptures just like the one he had seen on the broach 6 years ago.

The knight let his hand cup Taehyung's cheek, his head coming nearer to Taehyung's every second. The boy still wasn't scared, but nervousness had started to take root in his heart.

The knight rested his helmet-covered forehead against Taehyung's bear one. A deep breath escaped the knight's mouth, after which he whispered-

"I've missed you,"

Taehyung had woken up in a snap after it. His heart beating faster than it ever had.

It was a dream he had seen at the beginning of the year, and he had mostly forgotten the details of it -until today.

He was in Jeongguk's office, waiting for him to return from his meeting. As tired as he was, he soon succumbed to falling asleep on the couch.

Taehyung had always been a light sleeper. Because of his profession and his being an Omega, his wolf was always on guard. So, it was no surprise that he woke up the moment he heard the locks open.

He was feeling playful, so he decided to pretend that he was still asleep.

For a while, Jeongguk just stood there, looking at him, admiring him, every feature of his, every curve and detail of his. Taehyung wondered what he was thinking as he tried to catch a glimpse -praying that his thick eyelashes would keep his cover from blowing.

Jeongguk was standing in a stature that somehow seemed familiar to him, shoulders broad in confidence but eyes oozing out warmth for him. He, too, bent on one knee so that he was on the same level as Taehyung, he too rested his forehead on Taehyung's, an exhale of relief leaving Jeongguk's lips as he said-

"I've missed you,"

Chills ran down Taehyung's spine as he snapped his eyes open only to be met with Jeongguk's. They were reflecting nothing but love for him. Taehyung was utterly confused as to why the man in front of him was looking at him like that.