Chapter 4

black sheets, longings, and Impatience

Now that all preparations were done with, all the meet and greets held, and all invitations distributed, there was only one thing left.

It was decided that the steps for the retrieval of the Omega will be commencing a week later but Jeongguk had lost his sleep since the meeting on Friday night. Even potions seemed to have lost their effects.

He had waited for so long that in comparison waiting another week should not have been a spec in time. However, every night that had passed till now seemed longer than an eternity.

Tonight was his limit. He could not wait any longer. It was the break of dawn when he got up from his bed, loosely hung his legs from the bed, and hissed when his feet touched the cold tiles as his perfect structure was supported by his hands.

He then called out to Hoseok, demanding his presence. Impatience was clawing at his feet as he bounced it speedily.

Just as expected, Hoseok appeared in a split second, standing near the entrance to the bedroom. He had been observing his actions these past few days he was unlike his curt, normal self.

"What can I do for you Jeongguk?" He asked in concern of him.

"Just give me the updates," he said with a sigh "Did Jimin inform you of Taehyung's safe return?" Jeongguk asked with a blank expression on his face which was quite contradictory to his tone and words of worry.

Hoseok told him what he had been informed about Taehyung and his safe arrival. He was going to update Jeongguk with all the details in the morning as he was supposed to be following the schedule, but he was surprised to see Jeongguk awake. He was sure he had added a few drops of sleeping potions.

Jeongguk usually responded with tons of questions wanting to know every detail that had occurred, but he just nodded as he stood up and headed towards the bathroom which left Hoseok puzzled.

The door to the bathroom clicked open as Jeongguk returned from the bath. His hair was wet, a towel was wrapped around his hip bone, and his sculpted torso was on display.

Hoseok was still puzzled as to what Jeongguk was doing to do now. Where was he heading at the break of dawn?

Jeongguk's fingers slid through his collection of black and occasionally some navy blue and dark grey suits to choose for today. His hands hovered over the navy-blue ones for a few seconds before he finally chose black.

The top button was left undone, cufflinks in his shirt sleeves, his silver-blue Rolex on his left hand, Burberry on his feet, and he was ready to leave.

By now Hoseok was just sitting back on a chair, high on his guard watching the Progenitor carry out his morning routine too early in the morning, still waiting for some words of reason.

Soon after, when Jeongguk checked his stature in the mirror; much to the Shaman's liking Jeongguk finally spoke while looking at Hoseok's reflection in the mirror,

"Call Principal Choi and tell him that his vacation begins early, Let the directorial board know that I'll be taking over his position starting today."

"But Jeongguk we can't just commence it a week earlier-"

"We aren't starting anything until the decided time, it's just me moving at my will, so no one needs to proceed with anything until the decided time," Jeongguk said sternly interrupting Hoseok's train of words.

"I need you to inform the principal and then get ready to leave," Jeongguk said, finally turning around and looking at the Shaman directly, instead of his reflection in the mirror.