Chapter 17

<oh shat,,,big fukin thank you for 8k reads>

morning breath, paintings and jealousy

What would be the definition of your perfect morning?

To many- it's waking up early with a drive to either do something new or repeat something old. To many others, it would just be a lazy, peaceful morning- sleeping to their heart's content. To some, it would be waking up in their lover's arms. To some, it would be perfect if they managed to find some sleep during the night- to find any sleep at all.

Jeongguk belonged to the category of the latter.

He would consider himself lucky if he would ever manage to find himself even an ounce of sleep. He couldn't help it. His heightened senses- which are exceptionally more powerful than a werewolf's- would create even more difficulties when he tried to sleep. Even the dropping of a pin would ring in his ears during the dead of the night.

So, one can only imagine the restlessness he must feel that he has no choice but to drink potions to sleep peacefully once in a while. Thus concluding that a good night's sleep, to him, was a blessing.

Returning to the current situation, one would find the same man, Jeon Jeongguk, sleeping as peacefully as a baby. That too, without the effects of the potion.

The first time when Jeongguk slept this peacefully was when he and his Taehyung had slept next to each other, all those years ago.

Jeongguk didn't know what had taken over him, maybe it was the pull he was experiencing, but all his senses zeroed in on Taehyung whenever the latter was around him. Thus the omega would guide him into the lap of dreamland whenever he slept with the younger. Like Taehyung was the world that needed his attention, and everything else was a mere distraction.

It was awe-striking to him how easily his mate would manage to do that. A single syllable from him- be it spoken or unspoken- has always been the centre of his universe.

But it was also dangerous because he had more than a hundred enemies to name. He never knew who would attack when his guard was down.

The Jeongguk of that era had disliked even the thought of it. It was a weakness to him, but he soon grew fond of it. He realized how unreasonable it was to avoid something as pure as this, but he couldn't show it. He didn't know how to.

However, now Jeongguk does. After missing the feeling of peace for almost forever and thinking that he'll never have a chance at it again, the Jeongguk of this era is determined to set things right.

So determined that he had dedicated two hours every day for the last 7 years to watching and reading good romance movies and novels all while consulting a therapist to become a better version of himself ( It's the shaman, he has a PhD and a licence if anyone was wondering ). 

He knew that those things weren't exactly helpful, but he really wanted to understand how to express what he felt and hoped that it be even one per cent helpful in making the situation better than before.

The same applied to Taehyung; it wasn't as serious as Jeongguk. Sleep was a visitor but only after a tiring day and a cup of his favorite tea. But the feeling of peace, security, and relief had never once knocked at his door, not before today.

Today both of them were sleeping.

Jeongguk with his peace in his arms and Taehyung with his relief, were tangled up under the covers whilst facing each other. Jeongguk's face was buried in Taehyung's slightly firm tummy, his hands hung over securely at Taehyung's waist and his legs trapping one of Taehyung's with his own. While Taehyung was sleeping gently holding Jeongguk's head close to his chest, one of his hands in his hair and the other circling his neck and his nose buried in Jeongguk's hair.