Chapter 2

Lunch dates, auditoriums and embarrassments

Running away from Jeongguk, Taehyung made his way straight to the professor's lounge. The man was handsome and too out of his league. It was hard for him to believe that he actually felt something for someone but he really wanted to avoid being in any scandal that could cost him his degree, but could he? He was really confused.

He knocked on the opaque glass doors in order to ask permission to enter the lounge. One of the Professors called him in. Taehyung had been visiting the lounge quite a lot these past few weeks for the organization of the Student's art exhibition which was to be held this Saturday.

Today was Monday so, 5 days to go he counted.

The Lounge in the east part of the college belonged to the Art department.

The interior was decorated and laid out very well. The doors opened to a single long table with a glass table top and enough chairs for of each the Professors to sit on, very fitting to hold meetings.

Aside from that, there were 7 desktops aligned to the right wall for them to use and an abstract painting in cool hues made by one of their Professors hung on the wall over the desktops. Against the maroon wall, a rectangular wood-framed painting creates a contrast

A long white sofa leaned on the left wall of the same maroon colour, and a navy blue vase next to it on a table with white Carnations.

After his routine of admiring the lounge, he traced the room to find the professor he had come to meet. Taehyung spotted him sitting in front of one of the desktops, his back facing towards him.

Walking over to him, he greeted the Professor and the from the reply he got, it seems like his very punctual professor wasn't pleased, at all.

"Oh! Kim, took you long enough. I think I had called you 10 minutes earlier."

"I'm sorry, Professor. I accidentally ran into someone on the way here," Taehyung explained trying not to remember the events that occurred a few minutes ago, unconsciously fidgeting with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"It's alright, but value punctuality." Taehyung just nodded his head in understanding and the Professor continued.

"Do you remember the man named Park Jae Hyuk, the one who bought your painting from the exhibition last year?" Taehyung again gave an affirmative nod so the Professor continued "He contacted us wanting to know if you would like to work on commission. His wife is an interior designer and she was very impressed by your work the last time and wants to work with you on a project next year. Would you be willing to?"

Taehyung had thought there might be some problem that needed to be dealt with but this news made him feel ecstatic! his art was being recognized. Taehyung eagerly nodded his head, a boxy smile spreading on his face as he voiced his thoughts of agreement that he would definitely want to work with her and left the lounge with the smile plastered on his face momentarily forgetting all about the previous encounter.

It was 10 minutes to nine when he entered his first class of the day, his eyes searching for Jimin. Jimin was sitting in the sixth row from the front, typing away on his phone while some girl was blabbering away next to him.

"Jimin!" he called out, excited and Jimin lifted his head up from his phone screen and waved back at him confused about Taehyung's excitement.

"Whoa!" Jimin exclaimed, his eyes narrowing "What made you all jumpy? I remember you were walking around like a zombie less than an hour ago?"