Chapter 15

Year 12XX: after 105 years of the establishment of the Kim Empire; when the Vampires began to wreak havoc

The Shaman noticed his discomfort but he needed to tell him the truth. He let him know of the havoc he had caused in agony when his beast had taken over. He had caused death to many and injuries to hundreds when his beast self had gone feral. 

He had to let him know so that Jeongguk would learn to control himself. His beast had done what was needed, put a leash on the vampires' empire.

The Beast, or as we now know him as Jeongguk, used to be one with his existence. One body and one mind. But after the day when he was made part of the mortal realm, it was as if his mind split and began to house two of him. As if he had another one of himself inside him.

Jeongguk used to be someone who only observed, a watcher if you may. Calm and composed as he can be. Doing things on a whim was never his thing because he believed in thinking things through before he acted on them.

But now, it was different.

There was another him in his mind. A part of himself that he had never known. Maybe he had suppressed it away all too well, but it seemed to have surfaced now because it had become stronger.

He does not remember his past self from when he was a living being. Thus he doesn't remember his death or the emotions he had contained when he was on the brink of death.

Emotions are said to be so strong that they can bind a human's departing soul and keep it in the living realm. Thus reasoning the existence of lingering spirits reasoned.

And thus, the emotions that he once had left behind in this world had managed to dwell on their own. After all, they too were energies that will always stay. You cannot extract them out of their dwellings and set them free in this world. They will manifest again when their host comes back within their reach.

Before this, when Jeongguk was the beast, he did not exist in the mortal realm. His being was erased from it. Thus they couldn't ever find him.

Jeongguk's mind was in turmoil when he had first found himself conscious. His head was banging as the two voices screamed inside of him. 

His heart was racing with the anxiety of going through so much. The pain caused by the sense of loss, the confusion of suddenly having an unfamiliar body, and then came the negative emotions to feed off of him again.

But he put up a fight for it. The two selves -that were suddenly existing within him and were trying to figure out how had things come to be and how had he reached where he was- he became their prey in a vulnerable state.

His beast self was (even after being more powerful ) more vulnerable to these negative emotions. The reason was that he had already carried these emotions when he was a living beast, a wolf.

This led to a battle between those negative emotions -the ones that were trying to take over his conscience, and him who was trying to resist them. And as a result, he lost control of the beast within him.

He was in his human form when this battle was in process within him. Parts of his body resonated to a beastly form, then morphed back into their human form. 

And when he finally lost control- he morphed into what was going to be stated as his true form by the few people who would see it.