Chapter Twenty-Four

Sophie didn't know what it was about the first year, but she still found herself spending her normal bath time looking for things that Nicola wouldn't know.

So far, she had only found things that Nicola had excelled at.

She was reading The Tale of the Spider and the Fly when it finally hit her.

"Spider silk!"

Sophie shot up with a wide grin.

She grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down the next day's plan.

Nicola wasn't going to know what hit her.

She found herself imagining the girl's face...

Her beautiful caramel brown eyes would widen (as if her eyes weren't already big enough to let her drown in their depths) and her mouth might open up slightly...

Sophie realized she was smiling as she thought about the girl and her eyes widened.

Just because Nicola was really pretty doesn't mean that...

Sophie found that she couldn't finish out her thought.

She wasn't sure where it was supposed to be going.

But of course she didn't think Nicola was pretty.

Of course not.

It's not like Sophie wanted to run her hand through that beautiful dark brown hair...

Of course she didn't want to.

And it's not like Nicola was constantly on her mind and she couldn't find a way to get any relief from the thoughts of the dark skinned girl.

Suddenly, Sophie realized she needed to talk about this.

And she knew someone who was used to not being able to get someone out of their mind.

~

Hort glanced at Ravan beside him.

Lately, the two had gotten closer.

Ever since Nathan has come this year, actually.

It was kind of weird.

He'd never noticed that Ravan had really nice hair (even if it was spiky and had the bad boy look that Hort actually really liked)...

Hort leaned over and looked at the book Ravan was reading and didn't notice the way Ravan stared at him.

Hort was gathering up the courage to say something, though he didn't know what, and Nathan was staring at him and Ravan with an excited expression.

"Um, Ravan, I wanted to talk to you about-"

Ravan has turned to look at Hort with hopeful eyes.

"Hort!"

He jumped and stared at the blond haired girl hurrying into the library.

The librarian glared and shushed Sophie, but she didn't seem to care at all.

"Hort, I need to talk to you."

Hort frowned for a moment and found that he wasn't feeling his heart beat twice as fast normal.

Which was weird considering Sophie was looking at him with those emerald green eyes and saying that she needed him.

"Actually, I was kind of in the middle of something-"

Sophie grabbed onto his shirt and tugged him out of the library.

He glanced over his shoulder and gave Ravan an apologetic look.