Chapter Forty-Three

Amber couldn't believe it.

She kissed Theresa (a lot).

And now she had a girlfriend.

Even if that girlfriend went to another school.

Usually, people would think that was a lie, but she definitely had proof.

Everyone had seen it yesterday... and some were more happy for her than others.

When she had walked back into her dorm (still bruised and with a few cuts that hadn't been healed by the nymphs yet) she saw her parents laying in one bed with Anadil's head resting on Hester's shoulder as they read from one textbook.

On the bed beside them, Dot was giggling at a letter in her hands that had the neat scrawl of an Ever. Kiko's handwriting, to be exact.

Dot sent another letter and laughed, rolling over on the bed.

Hester rolled her eyes and whispered something about Kiko and Dot being far too affectionate in Anadil's ear.

The albino raised an eyebrow and looked at their close proximity, but didn't say a word.

Needless to say, the three were enthused that their parents were finally together.

Dot was the first to notice their arrival.

She grinned and jumped off the bed, coming to the three and trying to pull them all into a hug at once... she did that all the time in the future and it made them feel a bit homesick (timesick?!).

Dot had gotten and read the full report (aloud upon Hester's insistence) when it had slipped under the door about five minutes ago.

The report was an account of the Trial by Tale that included the order of disqualification as well as the reason.

"Amber, congratulations!" Dot cries and hugged her tighter.

"Did you really win with that Ever?" Hester asked in the background.

She blushed and nodded.

Hilda growled and pushed past Dot, flopping onto the bed.

"Yeah, she did."

Hester looked over at Hilda with a single raised eyebrow.

Anadil looked at Amber and gave her the barest of smiles.

"And then she started making out with her," Hilda said with an eye roll.

Hester looked over at Amber, who blushed deeply.

Anadil gave her a wider smile while Hester glared.

"What's this girl's name again?"

"Hester, you know her name. They've talked about her a lot," Anadil said.

Hester shot Anadil a look.

"And she asked Amber to the Snow Ball!" Dede said, clapping her hands excitedly.

Hester scowl darkened.

Anadil was trying her hardest not to laugh.

"Please tell me you said no," Hester growled.

"She said yes!" Dede said, clapping her hands again.

Anadil snickered at Hester's gaping expression.

"And then Amber asked her to the No Ball!"

Hester was glowering.

Anadil was laughing now, full out laughing, and Hester slapped her on the arm.