Chapter Thirty-Three

Suddenly, an Ever sitting in the clearing saw it.

With the two new and honestly bizarre couples that had stated kissing in the clearing, people seemed to not realize it.

But suddenly one of them noticed.

"Its just them."

The Never next to her turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"It's just them in the blue forest."

The Never looked up at the leaderboard and gaped.

"It's just Hester and Anadil in the blue forest."

Everyone gasped and watched the leaderboard.

And slowly everyone started to root for them.

Even the Evers.

They could riot for nobody to win, but instead they were going for the two Nevers to win together.

Something that hadn't ever happened.

It was as if they were a new (and of course better) Sophie and Tedros that were bringing both schools together.

Some had started to whisper about Nevers actually being allowed to fall in love.

Was it possible?

Now Evers and Nevers started to glance at each other and then looked at Dot and Kiko who were cuddling quite profusely side by side.

"But Dot's like barely a Never," one said.

And they all wondered if more... serious Nevers could too.

Several were even hopeful at the idea.

~

Ravan limped out of the medical tent and toward his friend.

Crush?

He wasn't sure.

"Hort," he whispered.

The other boy whipped his head around and looked at Ravan with shock.

"Yeah?" he asked with a small pink tint to his cheeks.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Hort agreed far too quickly and followed Ravan out of the clearing.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Ravan just looked at him and he knew what he was referring to.

He blushed.

He put a hand on Ravan's cheek and that was all the other boy needed before he pulled Hort in for a long kiss.

~

The sun was rising in the distance and the two witches were bloody, bruised, and tired of everything.

And now they could hear the howls of the weird amalgamations of animals that were around them.

"Ani, I really, really need to tell you something."

"Hester, is this really the time for this?" Anadil asked, though to be honest she was more worried about what Hester was likely to be thinking about than the timing.

"Ani, I need to tell you something and I don't care what's happening around us!" she snapped.

"Ani, I-"

There was a howl from the side and Hester let out a growl that made even the weird wolf bear things look at her with fear.

"Ani, I-"