Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Trial by Tale was coming up soon and in both schools and they were doing their best to prepare their students.

The top ten had been chosen for both trials and thy were giving last minute advice and making the uniforms for the competition.

The Trial by Tale was just a few days from now and every student, whether they were competitor or not, was excited and nervous.

~

Theresa was side by side with her father, the two of them fighting off all their classmates without fail.

Tedros was second in his year, his fiancé in first, and his daughter was the same in her own year.

Theresa's cousin, Serenity, was first in their year due to her obnoxious amount of studying.

Axel was in third, but he was barely hanging on to it as Nicola was fighting for it tooth and nail ever since she'd gotten out of the School for Evil.

Milly held fifth place, but she too was close to Axel's third place and they'd been switching back and forth all year.

Theresa leapt over her father's back and they traded advisories.

They didn't have to, but they were enjoying their showing off more than anything.

Kiko has secured tenth place for herself while Beatrix and Reena has secured third and sixth respectively.

On the Never side, Hester and Anadil were first and third while Hort managed to shove himself in between them at second (something Hester had threatened to kill him for because he'd separate her and her Ani). Dot had claimed sixth place and was quite proud of it. Ravan was in fourth and Hort said he'd wait the thirty minutes for his friend so they could enter together (even if that meant he'd have to wait in the shadows so Hester didn't catch sight of him and angrily sick her demon on him for taking Anadil's place).

On the other side of things, the younger side of things she meant, there was Hilda in first place with Amber in second right behind her (Theresa was rather excited that they were going to enter the Trial at the same time as each other and she intended to ask about a truce, do what the older generation never could). Dede was in seventh while Nathan occupies eighth and was quite proud of it.

These were their final places and they were just getting practice in today while they viewed the blue forest.

Theresa and Tedros, having just won, were now on their way to the forest themselves, actually.

~

Hester growled at Hort and his eyes widened as her demon twitched menacingly.

He hurried off further into the forest to look for where to conduct his plan, but really right now he was just trying to escape Hester.

Anadil walked silently by Hester's side and tried not to think about how upset Hester was that she didn't have second place.

"I'll kill that little weasel," she muttered.

Anadil didn't say that he'd beaten her fair and square.

She liked watching Hester when she was angry, but she definitely didn't like it when that anger was directed at her.

"Remember, I'll be waiting over there," Hester whispered as she pointed at the top of a tree.

"I'll be here when you enter and then we can go and take out all the Evers."

Hester didn't mention the fact that she was entering with Agatha and did not intend to harm her friend.

Amber and Hilda were planning pretty much the same thing as their parents, aside from Anadil and Hester totally wanting to go to a corner of the blue forest and make out (even though they wouldn't admit it).