5) Nicknames

Greg had a lot of nicknames for Mycroft over the course of them being together.

Mycroft, was the first one. It wasn't so much a nickname but it just felt right.

Myc, was quick to follow. Greg hadn't thought about it at the time, he felt comfortable enough around Mycroft to start giving him nicknames and he was sure that Mycroft felt the same. When Mycroft heard Greg call him that though he imediantly grew annoyed and clenched his jaw, turned to Greg with fire in his eyes before he realised who he was talking to and saw the shocked expression on his face. Greg apologised, a lot, but Mycroft insisted it was ok and after about a month the name lost its bitterness and now he secretly loves it.

My, was next. Greg hadn't meant to, it was just a slip of the tongue at the time. He was tired and had just woken up from a pleasent sleep, Mycroft was next to him, blushing deeply at the new term of endearment. Greg very rarely calls Mycroft 'My', he thinks it sounds possessive so it only happens when he's very tired.

Piano Man, had come about after a round of verbal jousting. Mycroft had told Greg he played piano to which he imediantly received to question of whether he could play 'piano man' by Billy Joel. Upon discovering he could Greg had proceeded to use the nickname whenever possible. It's safe to say, as soon as Mycroft found out Greg played the drums he was dubbed 'drummer boy'. God knows what'll happen if Greg finds out about the clarinet, or if Mycroft finds out about the guitar.

Mr Holmes, doesn't sound much like a nickname but it is when Greg uses it. He only uses this name when he's feeling very flirtatious, and the first time it happened Mycroft seemed to misunderstand the signal and called Greg 'Mr Lestrade' right back. He knows now what that name means, it gives him a lot of trouble at work but it's worth it.

Spock, was just a teasy name used in passing conversation once when Mycroft was getting very technical about something. Greg hadn't meant to keep using it but it seemed like the only thing that would get Mycroft to realise he was rambling and that Greg had no idea what he was saying. (Not that Greg really minds that, if Mycroft's happy to talk, then that makes Greg just happy to listen.)

The final name caught Mycroft off guard, he wasn't expecting the evening of his birthday to lead to anything more than dinner and film but when Greg got down on one knee he was well aware of what the new name would be.

Husband.