40) Accidental Milestones

Greg was laid out on the sofa in Mycroft's living room texting Sherlock about a case. Well, Sherlock was texting about the case, Greg was telling him not to do the irresponsible thing that he wanted to do. "God, I never knew that my boyfriend's brother would be such a git sometimes."

Mycroft looked up from the book he was reading in the arm chair at the side of his sofa. "What did you say?" He asked in disbelief.

"Sherlock's a git?" Greg repeated, unsure of whether he'd done something wrong or not.

Mycroft shook his head. "No, the other bit."

"That he's your brother...?" Greg asked, literally asked. He had no idea what Mycroft wanted him to say.

"You called me your boyfriend." Mycroft murmed, still seemingly in a state of shook.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I did." Greg replied, looking over at Mycroft awkwardly. "Should I not have done that...?" They'd never really talked about labels for whatever this was, and they'd been dating for a while, so he just kind of assumed it was a known thing. Apparently not.

"No, it's fine." Mycroft took in the information for a second. It's not that he didn't want to be Gregory's boyfriend. It's not that he didn't consider Gregory to be his boyfriend. He'd just never really thought about it and having it said was just a new thing. "It's quite nice actually."

Relief washed over Greg. He was just glad Mycroft wasn't mad at him and he hadn't messed this whole relationship up. "Ok, good. I thought you were upset with me for a minute." Greg realised that he'd actually said that a bit too late.

Mycroft put the book to one side and studied Greg quickly. "No, why would I be upset with you?"

Greg looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know? Cause I just kind of assumed something that you might not have been comfortable with..."

Mycroft smiled fondly at his now official boyfriend. "Yes well, I am comfortable with it so you don't need to worry."

Greg nodded slightly but he still didn't look convinced, something that Mycroft didn't notice. "Just try not to assume I'm your husband. That might get a bit messy." He said with a teasing smile.

Greg went red and covered his face with his hands. Mycroft sighed softly and went to sit down on the edge of the sofa his boyfriend was on. He gently removed Greg's hands from his face and took in the embarrassed form of his boyfriend for a second before smiling down at him. "You look sweet with a blush."

Greg groaned and tried to cover his face again but Mycroft wouldn't let him. "Leave me alone." He mumbled, not really meaning it.

Mycroft raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? I was planning on kissing you but if you'd rather be left alone then that can-" He was interrupted by Greg grabbing his tie and pulling him into a slow passionate kiss.

When they broke for air they both had red faces. Greg smirked. "You look sweet with a blush too."

"I- I really don't think it could be any sweeter than you." Mycroft responded quickly, hoping that that would work.

It didn't. "Nah, you're just too adorable." Greg replied, taking in the sight of a flustered Mycroft.

"Fine, fine, truce." Mycroft murmed, trying not to look at Gregorys grin because he knew that would make his blush worse.

Greg just smiled triumphantly and continued to stare up at his boyfriend. "God, I love you." He said, not able to help himself.

"I-" That caught Mycroft off guard. Another first in their relationship. Oh well, no time like the present. "I love you too."