34) You Are Beautiful

Teenlock AU
Angst
Inspired by the song 'Ugly' by Nicole Dollanganger

Greg was walking around school trying to find his boyfriend Mycroft, seeing as it was Mycroft's 16th birthday today and he wanted to be able to spend as much of the day with him as possible. Even if school tried to rip most of that time away from them, Greg wouldn't let it. He was a man on a mission, well, a teenager who wanted to find his boyfriend. Same difference.

He had searched the classrooms that all the really smart kids where in. He searched the cafeteria. He searched the library. Against his better judgement he even searched the school yard, but he couldn't find Mycroft anywhere.

Defeated, he headed into the bathroom, in a last ditch attempt to find his boyfriend.

Once in there he saw one of the stalls was locked. He really didn't want to be that creepy guy that looks under a stall door but desperate times call for desperate measures. He got down on the floor, being sure to avoid any puddles, and looked at the floor inside the stall.

He felt a wave of joy flash over him, those where definitely Mycroft's shoes. He'd recognise those sleek, polished, midnight black shoes anywhere. He got up before realising that Mycroft wasn't, well, doing anything... So why had he locked himself in a bathroom stall?

That's when he heard it: a soft sniffling and muffled whimpering. Was Mycroft crying? Greg didn't think he'd ever seen Mycroft cry before, well that explained being barricaded in here at least.

He slowly approached the stall and knocked on the door. "Myc?"

"Gregory?" The sniffling stopped and  there was a bit of shuffling before the door opened and there stood Mycroft. His eyes were red and he looked very tired. "What are you doing in here?"

Greg scratched the back of his neck a little. "Well I was looking for you... Happy birthday by the way." He said, holding out the small bag he had been carrying around with him.

Mycroft smiled weakly. He took the bag and looked inside. There was a tie inside. It had lots of tiny umbrellas painted on it. "Oh Gregory, this is wonderful..."

"I thought you'd like it. What are you doing locked in here?" Greg asked softly, not wanting to upset Mycroft anymore than he already was.

Mycroft stiffened out and his gase fell to the floor. "They made fun of me Gregory."

Imediantly Greg was ready to beat whoever it was that made his boyfriend feel this way, but he didn't say that. But surely it had to be more than that, Mycroft was a tough guy, simply getting picked on wasn't enough to make him this upset.

"My body Gregory. They made fun of my body." Humiliation laced Mycroft's eyes, so did tears. "They said I'm disgusting. They said I'm fat and unworthy."

It broke Greg to hear that Mycroft had been abused like this. He might have been chubby, but he was in no way fat, or disgusting, or unworthy. "Myc, you're not-"

"Don't try and tell me I'm not any of those things Gregory. I know I am. I know I'm ugly." Mycroft had been determined that Greg wouldn't see him like this, but he was craking and there was nothing he could do to stop it. "I'm just so ashamed, and embarased of myself."

Greg already knew where he'd bury the bodies of the assholes that did this to his boyfriend. For now though he settled on pulling Mycroft into a tight hug that could protect him from all the bad things in the world. "Myc, I know you don't see what I see, but trust me, you have a perfect body."

Mycroft let himself be wrapped up in Greg's arms. He felt safe there. "I'm far from perfect. So, so far."

"Mycroft," Greg started softly. "I would love you whatever you looked like. There is nothing, nothing, I would change about you."

"I would change me." Mycroft answered weakly.

"Why?" Greg replied. "You're beautiful. Just because some blind prats want to break anything that's beautiful doesn't mean you should change anything about yourself."

It was at that moment Greg felt something wet on his shoulder and realised Mycroft was once again silently crying. He tightened his arms around his boyfriend just a little bit. "The people that matter think you're amazing. I think you're amazing. Those people, whoever they are, don't matter. Don't listen to them, please. You're beautiful and I love you just the way you are."

After a moment Mycroft lifted his head up to meet Greg's eye. "Thank you." He murmed quietly. "I love you too."

Greg smiled warmly down at Mycroft. "Have you had lunch?"

"No..."

"Come on then. You'll feel better after you've eaten something." With that Greg lead Mycroft away from the stall, gave him a minute to make it look like he hadn't been crying and then took him back out into the world.

Just as they had finished eating, a group of three boys walked into the room. Mycroft got a little jittery and hurriedly make an excuse for them to leave. It was easy for Greg to work out that they were the ones who had hurt his boyfriend.

The next day Greg came in with a black eye. He told Mycroft that he'd walked into a door because he wasn't looking where he was going. The fact that Mycroft saw his bullies limp into school with far worse injuries kind of gave away Greg's lie, but Mycroft was still grateful nonetheless.