17

Natasha turned to Tony, crossing her arms as she explained, "by the way, Barton isn't coming." She glanced over at Loki, who was currently walking around the kitchen and looking through all of the cabinets out of bordom. "After hearing that Loki was staying here now, he didn't want any part of this."

"I don't blame him," Steve admitted with a hard look directed at the demigod.

"I don't either," Loki laughed, pulling a box of cereal out of a cabinet. He examined the box with a look of indifference.

Curious to see what he was doing, Estrial moved to stand beside him. Seeing that there were words all over the box, she wondered innocently, "real book?"

Loki turned his gaze away from the box and toward her. He was silent for a moment, a deadpan look on his face. "Does this look like a book?" He questioned rhetorically.

Estrial gently took the cereal from his hands and began to read the back of the box. "Yes," she answered quietly.

Loki sighed, rubbing his temple with one hand. "Oh my god," he mumbled.

Natasha, Steve, and Tony stood on the opposite side of the island, watching the interaction between the star and the demigod. Natasha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Who's baby-sitting who, again?" She wondered awkwardly, pointing subtly over to the non-mortals.

Steve wore a similar expression as he replied, "uh..I think it's a..little bit of both..?"

They continued to watch the amusing show for a bit longer. The star turned to Loki after reading the box, asking curiously, "what is 'Gluten'?" She pointed to the word where it was pasted onto the box on a round label, 'Gluten Free!'.

"Something that is found in some foods," Loki explained, his voice uncaring and uninterested.

Estrial nodded. However, with a slight tilt of the box, the cereal in side slid noisily around. Her eyes widened in shock. Hesitantly, she shook the box lightly. The cereal bounced around much more loudly. Turning to Loki again, she told him as if it were a great discovery, "this book makes noise."

Loki took the box from her hands and set it down on the counter. "It's not a book, Essy," he corrected her, voice half irritated and half amused.

"Is this an every-day thing?" Natasha asked quietly.

"Just about," Tony responded just as lowly, crossing his arms. A smirk crossed his face and he leaned down to the side a bit, muttering to Nat, "you should've heard their conversation about showers. It's my favorite so far."

Natash snickered. She could only imagine Loki trying to explain showers to the clueless star. Estrial had come from a place where bathing wasn't necessary. It didn't even exsistant.

Steve sighed, shooting Tony an amused grin. "I still like the apple juice one best," he added.

"What the hell happened with apple juice?" Natasha wondered aloud with a laugh, and apparently a bit too loud.

Hearing the mention of apple juice, Loki turned toward the three with a scowl. "That's none of your business," he snapped.

Tony and Steve chuckled, leaving the rest to Natasha's imagination. She had a feeling there would be no dull moments with Loki and Estrial around.

Ever since he'd come to the tower, Loki was the one stuck having to explain everything to the star. He didn't mind though, even when he acted annoyed. He knew that he couldn't fool Estrial, but he could at least fool the others into thinking he truly was annoyed. Loki glanced at the box of cereal on the counter, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Estrial certainly was the most innocently curious creature he'd ever come into contact with.

"Well," Tony announced, clapping his hands together once, "I'm making eggs." Estrial flinched at the sudden loud noise, shrinking backwards into Loki, who stood just behind her. Her back met his body. The God of Mischief had to fight back his embarrassment as he felt it rising to his cheeks. It was something he'd never had to deal with before; blushing. He stepped casually away from Estrial, turning his face opposite of the other avengers.

Feeling his sudden mood change, Estrial moved to stand infront of him again. "You are flustered," she murmured in curious observation.

"Stop that," Loki hissed quietly.

Estrial felt his fluster grow. Not wanting to upset him, she simply smiled and nodded. "Okay."

As Tony made a bunch of scrambled eggs, Estrial moved to the giant living room with Loki. They sat together on a couch, backs to those who were in the kitchen far behind them. They were quiet for a while. But after Loki noticed the star stealing confused glances at him, he broke that silence. He could practically feel her building up to ask a question. Turning his body on the sofa to face her better, he questioned with a small smile, "what is it?"

"This suit is altering my senses," Estrial admitted hesitantly. "I cannot tell your intentions as clearly; I cannot do my job."

Loki shrugged, wondering why this was a problem. "Then why not wear your original suit?"

"No," Estrial answered in a new tone; still quiet, but firm. It shocked the demigod.

For a moment, he hesitated. Then, Loki leaned forward a bit to whisper to her. He didn't want anyone to hear the sweet words he reserved specially for the star. "Don't worry, Essy," he cooed, "I doubt myself even capable of lying to you. Not about anything important."

Now Estrial found herself in a fluster. It felt similar to the many times that she was suddenly surprised by things, but much more pleasant. It was a comfortable discomfort. She smiled shyly, feeling her cheeks grow hot. And for the first time ever, she blushed. Seeing this, Loki felt his heart open up to the possiblity of her even wider; the possibility of her one day returning his feelings.