27

Estrial smiled shyly and turned around to meet Loki. She, too, was surprised by his outfit. He looked handsome, she couldn't deny. And the more she thought about how nice he looked all dressed up, the more she realized that he really always looked nice. The thought made her blush slightly. "Again with the blushing?" Loki teased with a grin.

"You look nice," she complimented him.

The God of Mischief seemed shocked to hear this, but was certainly not upset about it. He held his arm out to her like a gentleman and offered dramatically, "allow me to escort you to your friends." Normally, he would never suggest such a thing. He'd want to keep her all to himself. But he knew that this star enjoyed the company of the other Avengers as well, and he was trying to be less possessive. Even though, in his mind, she was still his and his alone.

Taking his arm with both hands, the girl allowed him to lead her through the people. Everyone they passed gave them bizzare looks. Of course, all of SHIELD knew that Loki would be there, and a few knew about Estrial, but to see them together as such was intriguing to everyone. How could someone so tainted and someone so pure get along with such peace?

Estrial was alarmed by the amount of emotion in the room, but managed to keep herself mostly calm. "People are staring," she muttered to Loki in a timid voice. But Loki could tell that this didn't upset her one bit. Sure, it made her nervous, but it proved that people could see her, and that gave her confidence.

"Yes, they are," Loki confirmed with a chuckle, obviously enjoying the shocked looks people where shooting their way.

Finally, the two reached a sitting area. Two long couches sat across from each other, an eligant coffee table inbetween. On one couch sat Steve and Bruce, while Thor sat on the other.

The three men all smiled in greeting to Estrial as she sat on Thor's couch with Loki

The three men all smiled in greeting to Estrial as she sat on Thor's couch with Loki. "I see Tony gave you the dress early," Bruce observed as she sat down. Of course he would know about it; he probably helped to make it in some way.

"Yes," Estrial replied with a stunning smile.

"It suits you," Steve complimented with a warm smile.

Loki gritted his teeth a bit, biting back his urge to tell the captain to back off. The star nodded to him in thanks. "Estrial, look at you!" Tony's obnoxious voice came suddenly from her left. She looked past Loki to see the rich man walking their way with a cocky grin and two drinks in his hands. "I half expected you to be going full human tonight," he admitted.

When Tony reached the cluster of friends, he stood behind Estrial and handed her one of the drinks, downing his own in a single swig. The star took the glass hesitantly, smiling up at Tony. "I have decided," she began quietly, "I will no longer hide my glow out of fear."

Loki felt his heart grow warm, knowing that he was the one who helped her overcome the fear she'd had of being invisible. He couldn't help but smile at her; maybe a bit too lovingly, though, for Thor seemed to get a kick out of seeing his brother so entranced. Loki quickly composed himself, his eyes travelling down to the drink in Estrial's hand. He squinted up at Tony, who still stood at her side. "Is that what I expect it is?" He demanded.

Tony shrugged and played innocent, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Curiously, Estrial smelled the clear liquid. Her eyes widened at the strength of it's scent, but she thought to herself of what Tony had said earlier. "What the hell," she expressed with a shrug and took a sip.

Loki's eyes widened a bit on shock. "I beg your pardon?"

Tony chuckled and patted the star on her shoulder. "That's my girl." The demigod gave him a seething look, knowing he must've taught her that.

After swallowing the liquid in her mouth, Estrial coughed a bit. Her glow shuttered like a flickering lightbulb for a few seconds out of surprise. "That is..undesirable," she quaked with a look of indifferance.

While Tony laughed, Steve rolled his eyes. "Really, Tony?" He asked, but couldn't hide his smirk of amusement, "she's never had alcohol before, you can't just give her a glass of something you'd drink on the daily."

"Here, darling," Loki offered to take the glass from her, "you don't have to drink that." Estrial gladly gave up the drink. But eyes widened as they fell onto Loki with stares of surprise. It took him a moment to realize why; he'd called her 'darling' without even hesitating. It had slipped right off his tongue without him even noticing. It was something he often called her in private, but had yet to use the sweet nickname around others.

Loki shrugged, his gaze of daggers shooting over each Avenger. "What?" He wondered defensively. No one dared to respond. He swiftly downed the drink and set the empty glass on the coffee table. The star could not understand how it was so easy for him, or Tony, to consume.

For a while longer, the Avengers talked. Thor explained to Estrial what alcohol was, Steve talked about how different the world was after 70 years of sleep, Tony talked about anything and everything that popped into his mind. Bruce left at some point to mingle with Natasha, and Loki managed to actually not hate the event, as long as Estrial was at his side. This light conversation, however, was haulted when an unexpected guest arrived hours late.

Every guest was surprised to see him their, even Tony. He walked over to the Avengers with his usual terrifying expression. "Estrial," the one eyed man greeted in what the star could only assume was his friendliest tone, "good to see you're keeping Loki under control."