23

"Well that was fun," Natasha's voice came from the large, open entrance to the kitchen. Estrial jumped in her seat a bit, spilling the rest of her tea down her front. This, in turn, caused her to jump again, almost falling out of her seat. Natasha pursed her lips awkwardly as she entered from the living room. "Sorry about that, Estrial."

"It is okay," Estrial forgave her quietly, setting her empty mug on the island.

"I've gotta say," Tony voiced, walking into the kitchen with Natasha, "that's a close second to the shower conversation." Apparently, he and Natasha had been eavesdropping on the tea-is-murder conversation.

Loki glared at Stark. "Are you so dull-lifed that you must rate my and Estrial's every interaction?" He hissed.

Tony raised his hands, open palmed, as if to surrend. "Hey, entertainment is entertainment," he excused with a smirk. Natasha shrugged in agreement, a sly grin on her lips.

Looking down at herself, Estrial gave a small pout. "...Wet," she mumbled softly.

Loki looked her way again. His heart melted at the sight of her bottom lips being pushed out in disappointment. Then, registering what she'd said, he stood and walked around the island to meet her. "Come on," he urged, "go change into something dry. I'll make another cup of tea for when you return."

Estrial stood and looked up at Loki. "No more tea," she muttered. A small, innocent smile played on her lips as she spoke on, "apple juice."

"Of course," Loki sighed, giving her an amused smile. Then she left for their room to change.

Natasha and Tony both wore amused expressions on their faces as Loki sent Estrial off. The demigod turned to their attention with an uninterested frown. "I assume you want something?" He questioned before opening the refrigerator to grab a half-empty bottle of apple juice.

"I don't wanna overstep any boundaries," Natasha began with a smirk, "but I'm really curious about this whole 'apple juice' incident."

"Unimportant," Loki growled, filling Estrial's mug with the juice. Steve walked in soon after this. Upon the sight of Loki holding the apple juice, he chuckled a bit. Hearing this, Loki rolled his eyes. "It wasn't that funny," he snapped, putting the apple juice away.

"It was pretty damn hilarious," Tony countered.

"I assume something went down?" Steve spoke questionly.

Tony nodded as he moved around the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. "Apparently," he began, "apple juice is a lot like tea. And, just in case anyone is confused on the matter: tea is not murder."

Steve nodded slowly, smiling in amusement. But Loki only scowled. "Do not make fun of her," he warned, "she's still unfamiliar with your world's mortal inventions."

"Don't get your flowing locks in a tangle; it's just a little light-hearted fun," Tony assured the demigod, a strong hint of teasing in his voice.

It wasn't long before Estrial returned. She clung to Thor's arm, nearly completely transparent. She was visibly more skittish than usual in her uncontrolled suit. "What are you doing?" Loki demanded of his brother, not liking how Estrial held his arm.

"Estrial asked me to walk her back to the kitchen," Thor explained with a smile.

The star, once Loki was in sight, immediately released Thor and scuttled over to his brother. The God of Mischief held his hand out to her prominently, silently making a show of claim over Estrial. She took his hand with a smile, letting him pull her closely to his side. All the while, Loki stared across the kitchen to his brother. A sense of pride overcame Loki when Estrial went straight to him, and he grinned coolly.

Then, recalling that the other three avengers were still in the room, Loki turned to them. There was a look of menace in his eyes as he warned them, "you'll speak nothing of this." He didn't need to specify; everyone knew that he meant the hand-holding with Estrial. Weeks ago, Loki would never have displayed such protective jealousy so strongly around the others. But he was starting to realize that if he didn't do such things, their connection would not be respected as much as it should be.

The connection that was beginning to have new meaning than before.

Loki handed Estrial her mug of apple juice, and she took it gratefully. "We'll be going now," he told the four avengers, "and if anyone should need either of us, they'd better have a very good reason."

Everyone wore looks of shock as Loki left with the star, their hands still clasped firmly. Everyone but Thor. He, instead, smiled; the sight of his brother holding a girl's hand, taking care of her, protecting her, it all made him very happy. His brother, who'd turned ruthless after the loss of his star so long ago, was returning to his once calmer self. Always was he mischievous, but his tricks were becoming more light-hearted again. The God of Thunder silently thanked Estrial for returning to Loki.

"Does he always speak for her," Natasha asked in a irritated voice. "I don't think I would stand for that."

"Estrial does not talk much," Thor reminded.

"Still," Steve spoke up, "I kinda have to agree with Natasha on that one. He barely let's any of us near Estrial."

Thor smiled a bit. "Estrial will do as she pleases," he assured. "As controlling as my brother may seem, he wouldn't dare stand in the way of her happiness."

"And you're sure they're not dating?" Tony wondered, a bizzare look on his face. It was hard for him to believe that these two non-mortals were anything less than soul mates, considering how they acted toward one another.

At this, Thor's grin grew a wider. He laughed lightly and shook his head. "Only time will tell."