31

"I told you I can walk," Estrial taunted playfully, holding her chin high with pride from where she sat.

"Then why are you on the floor?" Loki asked with a knowing grin.

Estrial frowned a bit, pursing her lips. "..I fell," she admitted shyly.

"Alright, into bed," Loki ordered gently, walking over to Estrial. He helped her to stand, letting her lean on him as they walked back over to her bed. Once their, Estrial hopped onto the mattress, wiggling her way under the covers. Once she was situated, Loki asked, "comfortable?"

Estrial nodded as a yawn passed her lips. "Will you stay with me again?" She wondered in a sleepy voice.

Loki smiled down at her lovingly. "Of course, darling." He climbed under the cover with her. It was a bold move on his part, to get completely into the bed with her, but he wasn't completely sober either. He laid on his back, head turned toward his star as she shuffled closer to him. It made his heart race to feel her cuddle up against him. But Loki welcomed it happily, hesitantly wrapping his arm under and around her shoulders.

Estrial turned onto her side, head laying comfortably on Loki's bicep. His hand stroked her shoulder in small, delicate motions that made her even more sleepy. She took her own hand and placed it over his heart, feeling it beating quickly under her palm.

His breathing hitched for a moment at feeling her small hand resting on his chest. Loki had to remind himself constantly that night that this star had no idea what she was really doing. The hand holding, the laying in his lap, and now this; it was all just innocent and normal to her. It didn't mean to her the same things it meant to him. But it was hard to make himself believed that when she moved just a little closer to him. Because it was only him that she acted this way with. Perhaps she didn't know what she was doing, but there was nothing but truth in her actions.

"Loki," Estrial's sleepy voice pulled him from his thoughts.

"Yes?" He replied just as quietly in the otherwise-silent room. But there was no reply. Peering carefully down to her face, Loki found her eyes closed and her glow substantially dimmer. She'd fallen asleep. He smiled in amusement. "Goodnight, Essy," he whispered, then laid his head back down. Sleep came to him quickly and blissfully that night.

• December 24, 2012 •

When Loki woke up, he found himself in a tangle of Estrial. One of her legs was stretched over both of his. The hand that had been over his heart when they fell asleep was draped all the way across his body, hooked firmly around his ribs in an unconscious hug. All of his limbs were lock in place by the star. Of course, he could move if he wanted to, but this was all too precious. Still his face blushed violently by her closeness to him.

Estrial's head was now laid on his shoulder, with his arm still limply holding her. After taking a few minutes to calm his blush down, Loki began trying to wake her. He brushed his fingers down her arm gracefully, cooing in a silky voice, "Estrial....Estrial, wake up......darling, the sun is rising."

Finally, the star began to stir. She opened her eyes and took in a deep breath. And it would be a lie to say that she wasn't a bit surprised by her own positioning. Estrial felt her cheeks redden as she removed her leg and arm from Loki. "Oh..I am sorry.." She muttered in a sleepy voice.

"Don't apologize," Loki insisted sweetly, "you kept me warm all night."

This only made Estrial blush even harder. She sat up and stretched her arms, looking around the dark room. Sunlight lined the borders of the curtains, suggesting it was well into the day. She looked down at herself, seeming surprised by the T-shirt she wore. "When did I..?"

Loki laughed, sitting up as well. "Do you not remember?" He questioned teasingly, "you put it on yourself; last night, after the party."

The star scrunched her nose as she tried to recall changing. She could barely remember, but the memory felt cloudy. "This is not mine," she told Loki as he sat up, refering the the shirt.

"No, it's mine, actually...but I don't mind you wearing it," he assured her, holding out a hand to help her off the bed with him. "Black looks good on you."

Taking his hand, Estrial hopped off of the bed. The shirt hem fell, stopping just above her knees like a dress. She let her eyes rise to Loki's face again, taking in his features. The peaceful smile on his thin lips, the way his cheeks sunk it just slightly, his eyes that shone like the ocean. He was incredibly nice to look at. The word 'attractive' popped into Estrial's head, something she'd learned from her dictionary. Yes; she found him very attractive.

Before the staring became weird, she looked away. Her gaze found the cuff that Tony had given her the evening before, sitting atop her nightstand. Picking it up, Estrial slipped it over her arm. It fit her comfortably, covering half of her forearm. Delicately pressing one of the buttons on the underside, her skin became completely solid; she looked human.

Looking to one of Loki's cuffed wrists, she smiled and observed, "we match."

"Kind of, I suppose," Loki mused, holding his wrist beside hers. He made note of how much longer his forearm was than hers. With a small smile, he took her by the hand. "Hungry?" He wondered with a knowing grin, leading Estrial to the exit.

The star nodded immediately. Not only was she hungry, but incredibly thirsty. So she gladly followed Loki out to the kitchen.