Chapter 5 - Nathan

I just finished all of my testing! I just have school tommorrow and then I am done. Freedom is mine!

XxXxXxXx

Also, sorry for this shorter than usual chapter. I didn't have much inspiration.

XxXxXxXx

I want to recommend the book 'The Return' by Nikimecool. It's a GB + SB fanfic and I love it so much. It isn't completed, but the author is still updating.

Nathan

I hitched a ride with Victor and Gabe to get over to Mr. B's place. 

It's been a really confusing day. Suddenly, Mr. B knows a bird well enough to be called Sugar Lips. I had to stop myself from laughing when I heard the bird call him that one. I honestly never thought I would see the day where Mr. B gets such a nickname. I chuckle in rememberance.

Gabe poked me, "What the fuck are you laughing at?"

I shove him back, "Just thinking about Mr. B's bird."

Victor grumbles, "I just want her name to do a background check. I'm not sure if I like this new bird."

I shrug, "Can't judge, we haven't met her yet."

Gabe frowns, "Why do you think Mr. B never told us a damn thing about her?"

I offer, "Maybe she doesn't know about the Academy and it's just a less serious thing."

Victor shakes his head, "It has to be pretty serious. Mr. B doesn't get involved with any birds easily."

Gabe comments, "Hopefully she got Kota back, that was the fucking point of calling her in the first place. How much do you want to bet that if Kota never got kidnapped, Mr. B would never have said anything?"

I face the window and annonce, "We're here."

We pile out of the car in silence, deep in thought. I was hoping to see my brother again and find out about this mysterious bird. Whenever any of us dated a bird, it never worked out. There were secrets, the Academy and our brothers. How was it working for Mr. B?

Victor says, "Sean is here, that's his car."

We enter the house and I call out, "Where are you, Sean?"

I hear a groan coming from one of the rooms on the side and follow the sound. The scene that greeted me was different from what I was expecting. Kota was sitting on the couch, looking find, there was bird another couch on her stomach with both Sean and Mr. B hovering next to her.

She orders our fearless leader, "Owen, introduce us."

Shocked. If any of us talked to Mr. B that way, we would have hours. Several long and painful hours. Yet this little bird did it as naturally as breathing and Owen simply looked on with the indulgness of a man in love. I knew then and there that if she asked for him to destroy the world, he would do it.

I bring my attention back to little bird and I catch sight of the wounds her back. I feel unexplicable rage fill me, "Who did that to you?"

This tiny little innocent Peanut just groaned and stuffed her head in a pillow, "There are more of you, more protective cavemen."

Gabe popped up behind me and walked forward, "Do you dye your hair? Please tell you fucking don't. If this is natural, you must be the most fucking lucky girl ever. This is my hair now, I claim it and it's mine now."