Chapter 15 - Sang

Another good Academy fanfic is 'Wild Desperation' by Puppies59. I lover her version of Sang and it's a really good read.

XxXxXxXxXx

I am in Michigan for my summer break at a cottage. It's awesome here but the internet connection sucks. This means that the updates will be more random and sporadic than usual (I won't be updating every day).

Sang

I try to come up with a lie on the spot, "Well, you see . . . I'm here because . . . of a . . . favor?"

There is a good reason that I am an assassin and not a con woman. Unless I have time to prepare, I am a bad liar. I just can't think of anything convincing to say and I usually blurt out the truth. But I can't do that here. If I did, things wouldn't go well. It would be like, yes I am an assassin and I kill people for a living but don't worry I was forced to.

Yeah, no, that's something else to put on the list of bad ideas. It's up there with setting someone on fire because they are annoying you. Marcus keeps staring at me and it is starting to stress me out. If my enemies could see me now, best killer on this side of the Earth terrified of answering a single question. My reputation would die.

"Well. . ." Marcus interrupts my inner monologue.

I look around, "I'm serious, I owed someone from the Academy a favor, so I'm here."

Another man stepped up next to Marcus, "Take off your mask and then we can talk."

I give him an are-you-kidding look, "Why would I do that?"

Marcus hisses at him, "This isn't the time, James. At least she was talking to me some."

I make fun of him, "Yeah, James, fuck off."

James turned towards me, "How do you know my name?"

I shrug, "You can't whisper well, Marcus said it."

He tried to intimidate me, "You are not in a position to negotiate."

I look at my nails, pretending to be bored, "How many of your men died today?"

Marcus frowns, still confused, "No one."

I add, "How many would have died if I hadn't helped you and been on the opposite side."

He admits, "More."

I lean against the wall, "From my perspective, it seems like you guys owe me a favor. Who is your Team anyway?"

Three more men came over and started a whispered conversation with Marcus and James as well. It was funny to watch them squirm. They were probably older than me, but they were scared. I mean I would be too if I had seen someone take out a lot of people. From their view, I killed without remorse. Little did they know that when I finally get out of this mess and the adrenaline wears off, I will probably go have a panic attack followed by night terrors. But some things need to stay secret.

Unknown man commented loudly enough for me to hear, "She can't be trusted. The bird is just working for the Albanians and is waiting for an opportunity to kill us."

Unknown man 2 added, "We don't know anything to make any judgement."

I call out, "For the record, most of us aren't albanian here. Just Boss was, well I guess my dead Boss."

Unknown Man 3 stared at me, "That you killed."

I sigh, "If I didn't kill him, he would have killed me."