~IRIS~

"WAKE UP!" I hear a familiar deep, male, British voice say. I open my eyes a bit and spot a certain brown haired brown eyed tall male approach me in my room.

"LIAM!" I yell as I jump off my bed and wrap my arms around Liam's neck as he wraps his arms around my small frame. I realise he's actually here. I break the hug and sit on my bed, which doesn't help the height because he's like 5'11" and I'm like 5'4", I'm short. Liam's basically towering over my short self, while me looking helpless and defenceless compared to Liam.
Back home he was one of my first ever real friend. We met when we were five and we have the same birthdays, and were the same age in year. I've always considered Liam as my brother, nothing else. I smile in complete happiness as Liam sprawls out across my bed leaving me with no space to sit. So I move his legs over and plop back down.

***

It's been an hour or so and me and Liam have been catching up with part of ours lives each other missed.

"So..how's school? Any...boys?" Liam asks while wiggling his eyebrows up and down. Gross.

"Li!" I scoff and hit his arm as I hide my smile and walk to my bedroom door, Liam following. Did I mention that I love to give people nicknames? Well if not, I do! And of course I call Liam 'Li', it's shorter. I still can't believe how much Liam has changed. It unbelievable.
He now graduated collage with a degree of mechanical engineering and wants to presume singing. He has lots of different tattoos also.

"Oh! I almost forgot to get dressed and everything. I'll be quick. Go chat to my mom, she loves you." I laugh at the end as I scurry back to my room to get dressed to go out to a cafe with Li.  Liam nods and heads down stairs.  I pick out a black tub top and some light blue jean shorts with some brown sandals. I apply some light makeup and braiding my hair before walking out. I stop in my tracks and turn around as I feel the cold breeze flow throughout my body.

"Who's that?" Harry announces just sitting on my bed, jealously. He shouldn't be.

"An old friend that's come to visit. Problem?" I say sassily as I grab my phone off the dresser. I turn back to Harry, waiting for an answer or at least a nod from the guy.

"Okay, be safe." He reply's a little more normal. I wave and head downstairs to meet Liam.

"Thanks again for inviting me, I missed you guys." I hear Liam tell my mom as I speak.

"What about me?" I playfully pout as Liam plays along with my little act.

"Hmm?" Liam pretends to think for a moment before I act all hurt.

I turn to my mom and ask her something, "Wait, what about school?"

"The principal had a last minute eating with the teachers. Schools cancelled for today." Mom tells me as I thank the heavens above.

"Liam and I are going to head out to the cafe. We'll be back before say two?" I wait for mom to approve the time and she does. Liam and I walk out the door and to the car before getting in and Liam driving off.

"Who's car is this Liam?"

"I rented it since I flew in." I nod and focus my sight to the left window that's next to me. I look in the side mirror and I could've sworn I just saw Harry siting in the back seat, looking at me. I quickly turn around to expect Harry but no. He's not there. It's just a seat with a seatbelt that dangling.

He's not here. I think to myself.

"Everything alright Iris?" Liam asks as he frequently looks to me than to the road.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say and pray we get to the cafe fast.

***

Hey! I hope you enjoyed that one! Sorry it's so short.

C O M M E N T
&
V O T E

704 words used.

- Brentleigh xxx