~IRIS~

I groan quietly as I begin to wake up. I stir slightly and try to fall back asleep. After a minute or so of trying to sleep again I fail. I sit up, sighing as I do and begin my walk to the kitchen for a drink of water. Ever since I was very little I used to always get up for a drink of water if I woke up. It has always helped me for some reason. I walk down the stairs, trying not to wake my parents or Matt in the making.
I walk across the cold wooden floor, barefoot. I shiver at the touch and walk into the kitchen. I freeze I my spot when I see Harry there, just sitting on one of the barstools. His head is on the counter facing the floor, his arms are hanging by his side, lifeless. He looks as if he's thinking, or possibly pondering about something or someone. His brown hair is covering his face while his green eyes remain closed.

His lips are parted ever so slightly that I think he's about to speak even when he doesn't. I walk to the cabinets that hold our cups and lazily grab a random cup, which happens to be my favourite colour, yellow. I then go to the tap and turn it on filling the cup up with sink water. I don't really mind sink water. It's not gross but it's not the best water I've had. I take a long sip of the water before rinsing it and sticking it in the dishwasher. When I turn around to go back to bed Harry is looking dead at me. Straight in the eyes. 

"Iris," Harry breaks the silence while parting his lips to speak but nothing comes out.

"I get it. You don't want anyone knowing about you or those notes, and that's fine. Just, next time can you tell me before hand so I don't embarrass myself in front of my friend?" He chuckles before coming up to me and hugging me. I was definitely not expecting that. Harry lets go and I begin to speak when I'm cut off by Harry laughing at me. I cross my arms above my chest and give him a look.

"What's so funny?" I ask him.

"Your f-face!" Harry continues to laugh at me. I drop my arms down I my side and make a noise.

"Harry." I whined at him.

"Iris" he mimics my tone and I yawn from not being able to sleep.

"Tired, love? I nod at him and run my hand through my messy bed hair.

"Well, lets get you to bed. Come on." Harry says and guides us up the stairs to my room.

"Harry, your hands are freezing." We enter my room and I crawl back in bed.

"Sorry." I smile.

"S'not your fault." Harry tucks me in and begins to walk out when I grab his hand.

"Stay." I speak softly. Harry nods slightly and crawls in bed beside me. He wraps his arm over my waist pulling me closer to him. I feel his nose in the crook of my neck, inhaling and exhaling. I pull the cover over both of us. I yawn once more.

"Harry?"

"Mm?"

"What were you doing in the kitchen anyway?" I ask curiously. He sighs before speaking, "Day dreaming." He mumbles softly into my hair. I move my body so I'm facing Harry's face and instantly can I feel the cold air radiating through my warm body. I look into his beautiful green orbs and speak.

"About?" I dig deeper into the subject.

"Sleeping," He replies and starts playing with the ends of my hair. 

"You can't sleep? I thought ghosts could sleep to." Harry shakes his head and I instantly feel bad for him.

"No. When your dead you can't. I don't know why but.. you just aren't capable of it. Day dreaming is the closest thing to sleeping for us." I nod and think.

"Harry?"

"Yes, love?

"What's it like? To be a ghost?" Harry thinks for a moment. I notice how cute he looks when he thinks. His eyebrows go together, his lips part a bit, and his eyes glance from one thing to another.

"It's...it's weird, in a way. You feel nothing. When I touch objects i feel coldness, like I'm touching metal. When I touch or hug you... I feel warmth." Harry explains as he turns over on us back facing the ceiling. I glanced at my alarm clock and it read three twenty.

"How come you don't fly or go right through me?" I wonder. Harry slightly chuckles. He blinks a couple of time.

"That's a myth. Well, I can fly just...not right now." I become confused I this. Not right now? What did he mean?

"Not right now?" I question him more. I can hear Harrys slow breathing as he begins to speak.

"Like... I can't fly when I'm on earth, stuck," He continues.

"When you die there's three places you can go. There's heaven, the between and earth. I'm stuck on earth."

"Oh." Thats all I said. "Oh"

I couldn't think of what else to say.

"Harry?" He turns his head so his eyes are boring into my blue ones.

"How come your stuck here? Why aren't you with your family up there?" I ask. I feel like a child asking there mum or dad about Santa Claus or some shit.

"Because," He sighs, clearly frustrated.

"I have to find out who, 'ya know, did this to my family. It's my purpose as a ghost on earth. I don't really know." Harry speaks softly. He closes his eyes and soon after that I hear thunder. I jump a little at the sudden sound but calm back down.

"Are you scared of thunder?" Harry asks with amusement written in his eyes. He smirks. What's up with him and smirking?

"No. I just didn't expect it, that's all." I reply like a child. I close my eyes, breathing in the cold air.

I hear footsteps outside my door and a twist of the handle. The door opens revealing my dad.

"Why are you up?" Dad asks and I tell him the honest truth.

"I couldn't fall back to sleep." Dad nods and I look to my right, Harry's gone.

"Oh. Okay. Me and your mom have to go to the City of London tomorrow. We won't be back until Wednesday." I nod and forget what day it is.

"What's today?" My dad laughs quietly trying not to wake my mum u

"Saturday, butterfly." I love when my dad calls me that. It reminds me of when I was younger. God I wish I wasn't turning eighteen in exactly a week.

"Night." My dad says and closes the door. It creaks a little when it closes. I roll on my side, wishing Harry was here to lag with me.

"Harry?"  Silence.

"Harry...?" I get silence in return. Again.

"Night Harry." I know he's here...I feel him. Ew. I just cringed at my own words.

I bury my face into my pillow. Soon I fall asleep for the second time, dreaming of a brown hair green eyed ghost boy.

***

Ah! Chapter nine is posted! Yay.
I'm loving this book.

1225 words used.

- Brentleigh xxx