~IRIS~

"I'm fine." I say as  I pray we get to the cafe fast. Liam looks at me weird, obviously not believing what I just said. What could Harry be trying to tell me? Does he not like Liam? Well, I know he doesn't really...care for him but he should. Liam's been my best friend since I could remember. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Liam speak.

"Where here!" Liam announces as he unbuckles and opens his door. I open mine and we walk into the small cafe.

"Hello, welcome to Briarwood café. My names Lisa, how can I help you?" The nice lady speaks behind the cash register. I scan my eyes over the menu deciding what I would like to drink. It is pretty could outside.

"Yes, um, can I get the uh, cinnamon dolce latte with soy and extra cream?" Liam asks and the lady nods as she puts his order in the screen thingy.

"For you?" She asks me.

"I'll have the same thing." Smiling as I tell her my order, Liam goes to hand her his card.

"Liiiaam. I wanted to pay! It's the least I can do since your here." I say as I cross my arms like a child. Liam laughs at my behaviour and shakes his head.

"No can do Iris. I'm paying." I huff as I walk over to a table and two chairs and sit down. I look out the window and it starts raining down. The rain drops hitting the big window ever so slightly, it makes me extremely calm. I rest my head in the palm of my hand just as Liam comes over to the table.

"Thanks." I speak as I take a sip of my steaming coffee that I grabbed from Liam. Not in a mean way just...in a way that I don't want to look at him since he payed. I'm weird. Liam knows I'm joking around so no one gets the feeling hurt. I laugh slightly as i rethink what I've just said in my mind. Good thing I don't mind the rain, I've noticed it rains quite a lot here in London. I remember Liam telling me it rains some in Wolverhampton too. You see, me and Liam met when we were kids back in America. Liam, grew up in Wolverhampton from the ages of 1-5.

He moved from Wolverhampton to Texas, where I was born, at the age of 5 and then we became best friends. When Liam was 14 he has to move back home with his parents and we stayed in contact through messages. I haven't seen him since he was 14 so seeing him now is unbelievable.

"So, hows your life been, Liam?" I ask, breaking the silence. He turns his head to me as he speaks.

"It's been...good. I graduated from University and now I'm looking to be a singer." I nod and smile.

"That's great." I reply, still a smile perched on my face.

***

After the cafe Liam drive me home and he stayed for while until he had to go back to his hotel. Now I'm sitting in my room, reading an amazing book. I haven't seen Harry since the car ride.

After reading a few more chapters of the book I decided I'd call it a day and head to sleep. It is 11:34. I grab my pyjamas and climb in bed.
I close my eyes, listening to the faint sound of my clock ticking.

Tick Tock
Tick Tock

I listen to that for what it seems like an hour and I still can't fall asleep. I sigh and sit up in bed and start to sing Be Still by The Frey. This song always helps me fall asleep.

I lay back down and close my eyes as I let Darkness welcome me.

***

Hey lovely's!💗
How's everyone doing? I hope well.
Currently watching a documentary about the first men on the moon.
Until text time!
- Brentleigh xxx