Chapter 10

The automated bell chimed throughout the house. I got one that was complex and expensive installed to the house. After opening the door, my eyes set on Marlon. He stood there in the most foolish yet seductive costume. He hadn't had on a shirt, he wore a skirt-like device around his waist, and his hair looked like it had been cut in the dark.

 He hadn't had on a shirt, he wore a skirt-like device around his waist, and his hair looked like it had been cut in the dark

"Back from California?" I observed, my hand clutching onto the door I stood slightly behind. I was totally taken by his clothes. Marlon never failed to surprise me.

"I took the first flight out but hadn't had time to change." Marlon told me slowly, rocking back and forth from each foot.

"Marlon, you went through the airport like this?" I asked, finally stepping from behind the door. I wore a robe, my negligée underneath was shown as well.

"What's the problem with it?" Marlon looked down clumsily at his half naked body. "It's not as if it tarnished my reputation. That's already gone down the drain."

"How much champagne did they give you on that plane?" I asked as Marlon happily stepped into my house.

"Just enough to be amorous for you." Marlon stepped toward me, his body getting closer to mine. "Sweep you off of your feet." Marlon said as he quickly picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I protested and hit his back, but the whole time I laughed along with him. He quickly shut the front door with his foot and began carrying me upstairs.

"Marlon, put me down!" I told him once we reached the second floor. He'd always had a way to make you laugh. He set me down with a smile and his hands roamed my body.

"Oh, you want to do it in the corridor." Marlon grinned as he began pulling at my clothing.

"No, no, I'm serious!" I insisted as I stepped away from him. "I thought we agreed we weren't doing this anymore?"

"That was for real?" Marlon asked with a risen brow. I pursed my lips together while standing there. His eyes looked down for a moment as he pondered. Then, his large fingers fumbled with the waistband of his bottom and slipped out a cigarette. I frowned as he pressed the cigarette between his pink lips. Before he could open his lighter, I slipped the cigarette out from between his lips. "What's got you all riled up?"

"First of all, I despise smoking." I hid the cigarette behind my back. "Second of all, people are beginning to notice that you and I spend a lot of time together."

"It's only people in Hollywood, who cares?" Marlon shrugged. Then, he got a mischievous grin on his face as he placed his hands on my hips. His face began to lower to mine, I continued to hold the cigarette behind my back as his hand reached my backside. "People do it all the time.

"I care." I pressed my finger to his chest, that was very bare. And very hard. I quickly turned away as I tried to gather my thoughts. "I have a reputation to uphold."