Chapter 49

The next day I woke up before Marlon. Looking down at him, I admired every detail of his face. His dark lashes covered his eyes as he slept peacefully. His naked center was covered by the sheets being woven between his legs. Slowly I slithered out of the bed, grabbing my robe to wrap around my body.

As I stepped out of the bedroom, I realized what woke me up. The telephone was ringing in the living room. "Who would be ringing off the phone so early?"

My feet tip-toed across the wooden floor toward the phone that sat next to the couch. With a sigh, I picked it up. "Hello?"

The individual on the other end hung up immediately. With furrowed eyebrows, I poked the hook and dialed the operator. "Operator? Yes, I seem to have been cut off from my last call. Can you put me through to the number that called previously?"

"Sure thing. One moment." The operator calmly spoke through the phone. Finally I was put through to the mystery caller.

"Who is this?" I asked. As I waited for the person to answer on the other line, I could see Marlon awaking in the bedroom through the cracked door. He stretched in bed, his torso convulsing with him, then slugged his way out, the sheets falling onto the floor with his body. Slowly he began walking out of the bedroom, he hadn't bothered to put on any clothes. His brown hair was messy from the friction it endured last night, his strong fist softly rubbed over one of his eyes and manhood limply hung between his legs.

I pressed my hand to the phone receiver as he made his way over to me. His full lips left a kiss small kiss on mine, then he walked to my behind in order to wrap his arms around my waist. His chin rested on my shoulder as I pressed the phone to my ear once again. "Is anyone there? It seems that you called here a second ago."

"Is this the Brando household?" The mysterious caller asked.

"It is." I answered.

"Then you already know who I am." The man said. For a moment, I tried to figure out who was speaking. Then a pit formed in my stomach as I realized exactly who the caller was. Marlon was obvious to the conversation, instead he slid his hand inside of my robe and kissed my neck deeply.

"Glenn?" I asked. "Well why do you sound so villainous? For a moment I thought you were someone mischievous ."

"Maybe I am." He answered. I smiled, remembering our night before with Glenn. Marlon was up to my ear now, kissing behind it and nibbling on my earlobe. I grinned, swatting him playfully while half-listening to Glenn. "Last night was fun, Rose. But all good things have to come to an end."

"Well it did, that's why we need to schedule another occasion like the last." I smirked as I spoke in the phone.

"Is that Glenn?" Marlon asked into my ear. I smirked at him with a nod. It turned him on even more, and Marlon's groping of my body got all the more passionate.

"Glenn, I have to go—you see—there's something of Marlon's I have to take care off." I told him, referring to the erection now poking my behind.

"You don't want to hang up, trust me." Glenn mumbled. "I must say, last night was quite a time. It would make a great story."

"A story?" I asked.

"I wrote down every filthy detail that happened and then some. And I even spoke to people of Marlon's past. A specific girl named Eula had quite the story to tell about young Marlon..." Glenn told me. I began to feel weak, my hand wrapped around the phone receiver began to shake. "Now this story doesn't have to break, Rose. It can all end nice and sweet. So long as Marlon gives me something to smooth over what I'd be making off that story."

"And how much would that be?" I asked.

"Hmm. How much is Marlon's career and your job worth?" Glenn asked. My eyes closed, I tried to hold back tears. Marlon didn't hear a word of the conversation, he only continued touching over my body playfully. To him, everything was right in the world. To me, everything was falling apart for both of us. "How about a nice, cool $5,000?"

"Absolutely not." I said coarsely. Marlon's kisses on my neck paused, and he looked up at me.

"What's happening?" Marlon asked calmly.

"$10,000." Glenn rose the number.

"You're crazy." I shouted.

"$30,000... take it or leave it across the front page of every paper in the country." Glenn bargained. That was a price I could afford myself, after all I'd worked for many years and my job paid me well.

"Would you like that in a check or a money order?" I asked. Marlon took the phone from me and pressed it to his ear. He still held my body close to him as he stood behind me.

"Who is this? What do you want?" Marlon asked. I looked down at the floor as I heard Glenn's voice muffle through the phone. "Bullshit. This is absolute bullshit."

Angrily, Marlon shut the phone onto the the hook. His muscular arm was tense as he held it down, then quickly he pushed away from me and walked off.

I wondered where he was headed to, he didn't tell me. All I knew was that I was hopeless. Guilt began taking over as I realized that it was all my fault that Marlon's personal life had been exposed in such a way. I was fool to trust Glenn in the way I did.

Everything was ruined.