Epilogue

Marlon and I broke our kiss, then smiled as we faced the filled Church. Everyone cheered and applauded together. Through the small windows of the locked doors at the end of the aisle, you could see photographers attempting to get a clear shot through the small glass.

Wally Cox smiled as he patted Marlon's shoulder. James Dean stepped forward on the altar to get a better look at us. Eartha Kitt handed me my bouquet, then gave me a wink. With a smile I linked arms with Marlon and began walking down the aisle.

Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller smiled as we passed them. A few feet forward, Grace Kelly clasped her hands at the sight of us. Behind us followed James Dean and Eartha Kitt, Paul Newman (who made sure to wear aviator sunglasses during the wedding) and his wife Jackie, and finally Jocelyn Brando along with her husband.

Eula sat with her parents in a pew. Still, she seemed bitter and unwilling to accept what's happened. On the other side of the aisle was Karl Malden who smiled warmly at us as well.

Once exiting the chapel, cameras flashed at every second. The broken glass from flashbulbs crunched at our feet. Standing on the steps, we crowded all of the bachelorettes behind me. As I throw behind my bouquet, to my surprise, Rita Moreno stood there smiling with it in her hand. She blew a kiss at us both.

Marlon took my hand as we scurried down the steps to our white Cadillac. Both of us jumped inside, smiling at everyone as we drove away. "You know, Rose, you're amazingly persuasive."

"Why is that?" I asked as he left a few kisses on my hand.

"You convinced me to have a chapel wedding." Marlon mumbled. I rolled my eyes, then laughed as we both drove off... but not far. The traffic had as at a stand still.

You know what else stood still? Our love. And we lived happily ever after.