Chapter 12

(Yuji's POV)

I rummage through the contents of my bag not bothering to quiet my actions despite the naked woman three feet away, sleeping in my hotel bed.

She stirs, rolling over onto my side of the luxury bed, her small perky breasts peeking from beneath the sheets. Her makeup has rubbed off onto her pillow and the deep lines in her face hint at her age but it still doesn't obscure her beauty. Mrs. Atake had been a bombshell in her youth and now, at the ripe age of forty, she was a shapely cougar. The heat of her gaze fell upon me the moment I walked through the door of her husband's infamous bar. My stride was slow and at ease, eyes turned to the floor with an unlit cigarette balanced between my lips. An hour later, her silky smooth legs were seated around my hips as I rocked into her heat in the last stall of the men's room. Her reward for making me come so quickly was the allure of a second round which she happily obliged.

She fell upon me like a cat in heat, bucking her hips and riding my hard member with a devilish speed. Her mission was to consume engulf me like the ocean.. Crimson lips lapping at the column of my throat while I tangled my fingers into her silky hair. We met each other thrust for thrust, hips colliding in a dance neither of us were strangers to. I rode her waves, fevered and hot with lust but she proved insatiable. It was almost too much to handle..

Almost.

I squint at her trying to remember her name but coming up short... as usual. Some things were better left unknown because they held no real value.

My mind is on more important things...

The shirts, neatly folded are cast to the side and I start to panic because it's not there.

It's not here.

The speed of my hands has increased.. The one thing I couldn't bring myself to throw away...

"Where is it?"
I hiss.

My heart is racing and I'm starting to get nervous.

It has to be here.... IT HAS TO!

A hand touches my shoulder and I stiffen, turning quickly.

Crazed eyes land on the female and I clench my jaw. The woman moves away from me quickly and I continue to search my bag for a treasured relic from the past.

"Is ... is something wrong?"
She asks.

A grunt is my only response.

In a fit of rage I overturn the entire suitcase, pick it up and throw it against the wall.

There are rare occasions. Occasions such as these when I feel that I am moments away from exploding with rage.

Curses fall from my lips and I run my hands through my hair in an attempt to contain it.
Sometimes it works.

However...

The constant questions from Jiro's wife were working my nerves.

Asking me if I was ok...
As if I hadn't mutilated her dear husband less than twenty four hours ago.

I didn't care about the relationships of others unless I had to get information. Plenty of loyal wives, mistresses and even sisters spread their legs for me at just a glance.

Didn't matter to me... I was killing two birds with one stone, as the Americans say.
A quick nut and more than enough information on my targets.

Her small hands run up and down my back... an attempt to soothe me. She should have been gone but like all the other women before her.. she stayed, clinging to that little shred of hope that she was more..

More than just a fuck..

She wasn't.

They weren't.

Her body would be at the bottom of the East Sea before the day was up; a means to an end.

My eyes settled on her again but this time I really looked at her. Breast implants, hair extensions, wavy, almost illuminating skin and scarring around the ears. She was as fake as her marriage and I couldn't be mad at that. A woman involved in this line of work had three options: kill her husband, volunteer her body to any man inside the organization by working in the brothel, or she could use her assets to her own advantage and fuck her way to the top.
I noticed that the lesser of the three evils was never the same for each woman. None of my business but I couldn't allow Mrs. Atake to live. I wouldn't give her the chance to try and blackmail me.

She pokes out her chest and bites her finger. She was using everything she had to entice me and though my member started to harden, I needed a smoke.. Every fiber of my very being needed that poisonous smoke in my lungs, filling my nostrils and clinging to my designer clothes.

I calm myself enough to pay myself down in search of my loyal companions.
"Ah..." I breathe when I make contact with the new carton in my pocket.

Without a word, I exit the room, closing the door behind me, silencing the treacherous woman, and ready myself for the long walk ahead.

Men dressed in navy blue suits bow in my direction and I scratch my bare chest.

The feeling of unease I often get when I'm going to that special place strikes me like a volt of lightning but I press on. It's been too long..

My tattoos are drawing attention again. A woman holds her child closer to her frame as I pass and an old man turns up his nose at me, shielding his wife from my view. Treating me as if I were nothing more than a feral dog...

We locked eyes and I nodded my head at him but he didn't falter.. the look of distaste still plastered on his face. I didn't blame him.. didn't blame any of him.

I'd lost quite a bit of respect for myself years ago.

Though the ground is slick with dew, I recline against the tombstones unbothered, sitting directly across from my father's grave.

I'm silent

I'm silent.

Father...

Look at what I have become.
I hope you're proud.
*******************************************

Yeah... this next update is going to take a while.

I really need to figure out where I want this to go.

Thank you for your patience and your support as always.

_Madison ❤️