Chapter 24

Nala snuggled into her husband's side and laughed when he kissed her forehead.

Kida wasn't much of a romantic. He said what he needed in order to get women interested and was no stranger to the cliche compliments. There was no reason to try to be anything more because he didn't have to do much to get women to look his way. He was attractive and he knew it. Hell, he was reminded of it everyday and although it was amusing at first, it turned into more of a chore as he got older.

Tired of saying the same thing..
He was ready for something different.
A challenge.

Hell... somebody to even decline his advances.
But it never came.

And sex just became meaningless.
It was the same routine. He would lock eyes with his flavor of the night and within five minutes of his drink arriving, the lady in question would stroll over, boldly, striking up a conversation with him. Granted, some conversations were more entertaining than others but the sex was quick, the women were clingy and now he was just bored.

Well, before Nala.

Kida shook his head and held Nala a little tighter, enjoying the feel of his wife in his arms. He never did things like this, not even with family. The thought of his family had Kida's mind swimming.. They disowned him the moment he took interest in the Yakuza.. in a way, he had exchanged one family for another.

Water under the bridge.

Nala laughed at the Japanese game show, her eyes growing large with disbelief.
"We never have tv like this back home! Lord have mercy!" She laughed, fanning her face with her hands. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and Kida laughed along with his wife.

"Ah... you're cute."
Kida teased.

Nala sucked her teeth playfully and turned to her husband, sitting up on the couch.
"Cute? Boy, I'm more than cute."

Nala's thick hair was in a fish tail braid and her smooth, dark skin radiated. She cupped his face and brought her lips down onto his in a searing kiss. Nala slowly made her way into his lap. Kida groaned, gripping her ass and bringing her body flush against his.

Kida thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He liked the fact that she didn't look like the same women he had seen. He liked her emotion and the way that she laughed. The way that Nala would call him "Ki-Ki", a nickname she had picked out for him on their wedding night. Nala told him stories about growing up. Stories about embarrassing moments, most of them involving, Maggie, and Kida would tune everything else out, focusing solely on his American beauty.

Nala ran her fingers through Kida's medium length, blonde hair, gripping the strands and rocking her hips against him.

Suddenly, Kida stiffened and muted the television, setting the remote down slowly.

Nala turned to him with a frown.
"Baby, I was watch-"

Kida placed his finger against his own lips and Nala shut her mouth quickly.

"Someone is here.."
He whispered.

Nala's eyes went wide and she lowered herself to the ground quickly. Kida grabbed a gun from the underside of the sofa they were sitting on.

He gave Nala a look and she nodded.

Kida walked around the dark penthouse with his gun drawn.

He moved into the kitchen first, checking behind the large island and checking for anything out of place.
Kida moved on to the bathroom and when he stuck his head in, a fist smashed into his cheek. The gun went off and Nala gasped, bringing shaking hands over her mouth to keep quiet.