Epilogue

1 YEAR LATER ...

Maggie laid the pen down on the bedside table and closed her journal careful not to disturb the small bundle secured in the crook of her other arm. It was recommended by her therapist that she document her feelings and thoughts as a way of reestablishing control over her life. She wasn't against the idea and agreed to log her thoughts. Yuji encouraged her to write everyday and never read any of her entries without her permission. The first six months was hard for her and she hadn't taken it as seriously as she should have but after the birth of Ryeo, she couldn't contain her excitement.

She could still remember that day like it was yesterday. After fourteen hours of labor, Yuji and Maggie were finally able to welcome Ryeo into the world. Maggie's stress levels had been high but by the grace of God, she delivered a perfectly healthy, five pounds, six ounces, baby. She wanted to deliver him without the help of medicine but that plan flew out the door quickly. His little cry brought tears to her eyes and Yuji was frozen, staring down at the tiny life he was holding with wide eyes. He came out of the haze when he was asked if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord and he shakily obliged. Maggie couldn't take her eyes away from him when he was settled in her arms and she couldn't believe that she had created something so... perfect.

She was awestruck by her beautiful baby boy and found solace in writing about him. She'd scribble about his tiny sighs, his button nose, the faces he'd often make and the dark brown slanted eyes he'd inherited from his father, Yuji. The baby in question was currently sucking at her nipple and she caressed his tiny curls with her pointer finger, smoothing the baby hairs back. He watched his mother with heavy eyes, the signs of an incoming milk induced sleep evident. Maggie cooed to her tiny son and smiled when the door to her room was slid open and Yuji's head peeked around it. Maggie smiled and nuzzled the baby, holding him up higher and whispering happily "Look, it's Otou-san. He's coming to take my little man away from me. What should I do? Do I give you over to daddy, Ryeo?" She cooed.

Yuji stepped further into the room with a brow arched playfully but he swallowed quickly when he saw the strap of Maggie's tank top hanging loosely off her shoulder, revealing the swell of her large breasts that had gotten heavier throughout the pregnancy. He imagined how they would spill out of his hands when he grabbed them and the way he'd flick the dark nipples with his tongue. His eyes went to the inviting column of her neck, back up to her plump, moistened lips and then finally trailing down to the perfect milk chocolate colored breast that Ryeo was getting nourishment from. Yuji and Maggie hadn't been intimate in over a year due to the trauma surrounding Hikaru and Yuji, although extremely attracted to his wife and a man with a very high sexual appetite, was not complaining. Yuji and Maggie had discussed it and Maggie felt that she wasn't ready to be intimate with anyone for a very long time and Yuji respected her decision. In fact, he welcomed the abstinence and whenever he felt the urge come upon him, which happened at least twice a day, he relieved himself in the shower. Sex was great but he wouldn't let it jeopardize the mental health of his wife or his marriage. He would wait for Maggie to initiate sex whenever she felt like she was ready for it. They're relationship wouldn't be built upon sexual intercourse and he wanted to show Maggie that. Sure, in the past when they had first met each other, Yuji was a man driven by his instincts and his line of work. Now, Yuji made it his mission to make sure that Maggie felt loved, cared for and protected whenever he got the chance.

Yuji's long hair was tied up and secured in a messy man bun on top of his head so that Ryeo couldn't put pull on it. A tray was in his hands with a steaming bowl of food which he deposited on the other bedside table. Yuji smiled widely and rushed to the bathroom to wash his hands. Maggie readjusted her child, burped him and handed the swaddled bundle over to her husband. Yuji beamed with pride at the sight of his son and Maggie scooted back, giving him a place to sit while she laid her head on his shoulder, watching the pair bond. Ryeo yawned and stared at his father, fighting the sleep the best he could. Yuji played with Ryeo's tiny hands and kissed his forehead delicately as he succumbed to sleep. Yuji rocked the sleeping baby in his arms, whispering lowly to him before depositing the baby in his bassinet.