14. Goddess.

After a good 45 minutes, we were finally done processing the packages and made our way into the shopping centre. As we entered, a 6ft, giant of a figure passes us. She was thin, and dressed in a short leather skirt, her tanned legs, which seemed to go on for days, exposed for all to see and her small, but pert breasts sat comfortably in a pink singlet, with no need for a bra, not for comfort nor function. Her hair was the most incredible shade of neon pink, and was tied up in a high pony, so tight you could see the lift in her perfectly tamed brows. "are you serious?" Ari moaned, "there are girls like her just casually walking around the streets, just to taunt us ordinary folk" she complained as we both stated after her. "like that's next level hot. She's a fucking goddess!" she rolled her eyes and dragged her feet up the steps. I continued to stare at the stranger, mesmerised by her hair, whipping side to side as she walked away from us. "Ari?" I snapped us both from our hypnotised state and grinned, "I think it's time for me to have a serious think about my appearance, beginning with my hair..." her eyes flashed, and she began to grin too. "pink?!" she squealed excitedly.

"I was thinking more, blue?" I replied and she gasped. Without a single word, she grabbed my arm and dragged me to one of the boutiques along the outside of the centre. "okay so picture it, blue hair and THIS dress!" I could almost see her pupils transform into heart shaped pebbles, and I looked towards the rack. In front of me was a gorgeous, tight fitted, silver chainlink dress. The neckline was scooped, and dipped enough to show a little cleavage, but not too much. I picked up the hanger and as I swiveled it round, the light bounced off the metallic plates and a blue tint appeared. The dress was backless, with only a single chain dripping between the thin, metal straps. It was gorgeous, AND $350!

"it's a little more than I wanted to spend on one outfit, and I'd need shoes, and my hair... But it's so gorgeous" I whined a little, trying to convince myself that it wasnt a good idea. But I wanted it, no, needed it. "and where would I even wear something like this? It's not exactly low-key, in fact, it's very extra" I continued trying to make excuses not to buy it, but my mind was already made up. "girls night!" Ari piped up from the opposite rack, and I'm deffo getting this." she held up a satin lilac co-ord set. A short, tight skirt, with a matching bralette, hemmed with matching lace."ugh yes, that would look so good on you, purple is your colour, but am I really about to spend this much on one dress?" I questioned. I looked down at my own, sad outfit. A black janoskians merch t-shirt, and some grey joggers, topped off with a pair of all Black vans. Ari was also looking me up and down. "girl, you deserve it, and kinda need it" she joked. "look, we can invite Marla, Frankie and Poppy. It'll be fuuun!" as much as it pained me to admit it, she was right, It would be fun.

"okay so shoes?" Ari had moved to the back of the store and was inspecting a display of heels. Straight away a lime green platform boot caught my eye, not to go with the dress, but as I had already overspent, I might as well continue, it had been a while since I'd bought myself anything nice. I picked up the sample and continued to browse. A blue heel with butterflies, a blue strappy heel with diamonds encrusted into the leg portion of the strap, which would have been perfect in silver, but a little too vibrant. Ari had already taken a perfectly matching, lilac pair of strappy heels to the clerk, almost as it they were made for her outfit. Yet nothing I saw was quite right. "okay so the clerk is just getting everything in my size to try, how're you doing?" Ari came wondering over as she waited and noticed the green boots in my hand. "like those are super edgy and cool and stuff, but you can't..." her eyes widening.
"oh nooo, not with the dress, I just want to try them on and maybe extra treat myself" I laughed and walked to the opposite side of the table. "I just need these, but silver" I complained and showed the strappy blue heels to Arielle. She agreed and when the clerk came back with her garments, she asked if there was anything similar for me. "they do actually come in silver, black and pink, but we don't have any in stock right now. Maybe in the next week or so, but I can't be sure." she replied. She must have seen the dissapointment in my face, and said she would make a call to their 'sister store' across town.

After a few minutes, she came back and said they had silver, but only a few sizes, so if I was quick, they might just have some left. I thanked her and she went to collect my dress, and the green boots ready to try. Arielle stepped out of the changing room, "is it too much?" she asked. She looked incredible, the colour looked insane with her golden skin, and the skirt fit like a glove. The shoes really were the exact purple shade of the outfit, and she had pulled her dark hair over to one side. "bitch, you look so good. Like SO good." I gushed at her, unable to think of better words. She laughed and said she knew she did, she just didn't want to seem too keen. I went into the changing room opposite and began to undress. I slumped my shirt and joggers into a pile on the floor and instantly wished I had made an effort with my underwear that morning. I removed my sports bra, and pulled the dress up over my hips, hooking my arms into the chain straps and flattening out the bottom portion. I looked at myself for far too long, trying to find something wrong with the dress, anything to not buy it, but it was breathtaking. It sinched into my slim waist in the essential places, making my bum and hips look curvier. My breasts sat just below the neckline, but the back fell a little too low. My old, black, giant underwear came far too high above the back of the dress, I wasn't even sure a thong would be covered.

I turned back to look at the front of the dress, there was a high slit on the left hand side, which luckily didn't expose my underwear quite the same as the back. Ari opened up the curtain and made her way into the cubicle with me. "Jess, you look so hot. Like fuck that pink haired girl, you look hotter" she gasped and spun me around. "think you need to ditch the undies though, just don't get drunk and fall over." she laughed. I wasn't sure I was brave enough to go out without any underwear on at all, but I did look hot in this dress. "you might be right, but the way my ass looks in this dress is worth it" I replied and gestured for Ari to leave so I could change back into my drab clothes. After what felt like hours of trying on items, and complimenting each other on how ridiculously good everything looked, I nervously paid the $580 my items came to, and we rushed across town to the other store and to my surprise, they had ready packed up the shoes I'd asked for, ready to be taken away. Another $200 gone.