Chapter Twenty: Blackfish Bandits

A/N okely dokely, before we start this GUYS I have officially entered this book into 2019 Watty's, so lets pump up those votes and comments!!! And, we're trending No:1 in #GendryWaters, that's a great achievement that we should all be proud of. Thank you.

================

"The Blackfish?" repeated Aris lowering her arrow. "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

Russyl parted his cloak to reveal the House Tully sigil on his vest. The same sigil drawn on the paper the boy gave her.

"We heard rumours that you were in the RiverLands and your uncle sent us to find you. Luckily enough, you came to us."

"Us?"

"My most trusted."

"How did these rumours spread?" Aris asked.

"We shouldn't talk here, I beg you to come with me." Russyll urged and turned on his heel, his cloak swinging around him. Aris hesitated for a moment unsure if following him was the right decision but the fact that she had nowhere to go weighed heavily. She came to a decision and followed Russyl who marched through the houses and into the tree's. He led Aris Stark through the darkness of the night without saying a word.

Ahead a faint light illuminated between the trees. Upon getting closer Aris noticed the camp fire and the horses tied to the trees. "Who goes there!" said a women's voice.

"It's me." replied Russyl stepping into the camp.

Aris stood on the edge of the camp seeing the women from before, the dark haired man who chased her, the blonde man who came into the Inn and the little boy who gave her the paper.

"So you convinced her?" said the women.

"Not quiet." Russyl sat beside the fire. "Lady Stark may I introduce you to my most trusted, Jelissa." he gestured to the women. Jelissa stood with a straightened posture and brown wavy hair that reached to her lower back, a round face and sharp eyes.

"Codyn." Russyl then motioned to the blonde man and then to the dark haired man. "Wyllim." and then to the little boy. "And this is my nephew, Randyl."

"Hello!" chirped the little boy. He was very cute with round cheeks and big eyes.

"Hello." Aris responded with a small smile.

"We call ourselves the Blackfish Bandits." announced Russyl.

"Blackfish Bandits?"

"Gotta call ourselves something." Wyllim spoke up for the first time. His voice was smooth and yet powerful. "Lady Stark." Wyllim pushed off the tree he was leaning on and extended his hand.

Aris looked between him and his hand refusing to take it. He recoiled his hand and said, "Warm yourself by the fire at least." and he backed away. Jelissa eyed the Stark girl with uncertainty as she slowly came forward and sat by the fire.

"I know you may not trust us." said Russyl. "But we're the best chance you've got at surviving."

"You didn't answer my question from before." said Aris. "Who spread the rumours."

"We don't know." Jelissa spoke for the first time. "Tully banner men came to us, or rather the Blackfish and he sent us to find you."

"Well, I thank you for... rescuing me, if that's what you call it."

"You're most welcome!" Codyn announced with a cocky smile and pounced towards the fire pit. "It was our pleasure rescuing a beautiful damsel in distress."

"Beautiful?" Jelissa crossed her arms raising her eyebrows.

"But not as beautiful as you, my dearest." charmed Codyn and took Jelissa in his arms. "Meaning no offence, my lady."

Aris pulled a smile shaking her head and looked back into the fire. "So where will you take me?"

"Winterfell is out of the question..." said Russyl.

"Why?"

"You haven't heard?" asked Wyllim surprised. He was a quiet man, Aris thought. Very reserved unlike Codyn who was outgoing and open. "The Greyjoy's took Winterfell."

Aris scoffed, she could only think of one to hold responsible. "Which one?"

"Theon Greyjoy, my lady."

"Of course." she murmured under her breath. She felt so betrayed hearing Theon's name, Robb trusted him to protect their home, and he stole it. But, the look the fire casted on Wyllim's face filled her with a terrible feeling. He looked to Russyl asking for permission and Russyl reluctantly nodded. 

"There's one more thing."

"...Go on then."

"Brandon and Rickon Stark were murdered by the Greyjoy's."

Aris' heart sank into the pit of her stomach as her eyes watered. She swallowed the pile in her throat and looked down at her hands in her lap and bit her quivering lip.

"We're very sorry for you're loss, my lady."

"I'll have his head for this." Aris' voice shook.

"We plan on taking you to Robb Stark who is currently on his way to the Twins for your uncle Edmure's wedding. The Blackish will also be there." explained Russyl. Aris didn't care about a wedding at the moment, she was just given the news that her two youngest brothers were dead along with her father. It ripped open the hole in her chest wider.

"It's going to be a long ride. We best get some rest."