Chapter Thirty Eight: A Purple Wedding

The day of the royal wedding, the bandits had set out on their horses heading for the city walls. They walked their horses through the crowds of people who had flocked the streets to see the new Queen Margery and King Joffrey where the wedding currently took place at The Sept.

Once the bandits had reached the city walls and exited out using the steady flow of people coming and going, they ran their horses along the Kings Road to get away from Kings Landing.

Aris could only trust Lady Olenna to play her part and LittleFinger to safely transport Sansa out of the city. If everything went well, they would meet at The Vale.

By midday, the bandits stopped along a stream off the road for a lunch break and to rest the horses. They gathered around a small camp fire and cooked the rabbits Codyn had shot earlier.

"Here's to us!" Codyn raised a small metal cup of water, followed by the others. "A wonderful day to celebrate the death of the King!"

"Cheers to that!" Jelissa clinked her cup with his and threw back her head.

"It probably hasn't happened yet." shrugged Wyllim and also threw back his head. Randyl giggled sipping from his cup and Aris also sipped from her's.

"It's a shame we couldn't see it happen." she said.

"A true pity." added Codyn turning over the rabbit on the stick.

"Can't you do that thing?" asked Jelissa. "With the eyes?"

A thought struck Aris and she remembered the conversation she had with Bran, she could use any animal she liked. "Yes!" replied Aris. She put down her cup and laid down her cloak over the ground and rested on top.

"Are you really?" asked Wyllim curiously.

"Yup." she replied confidently searching the tree tops for a bird. Above them little birds flew in the trees. Her eyes targeted one bird and her eyes rolled back to white.

The little bird in the trees took flight, it's little wings struggling to go as fast as it could. The little bird travelled across the skies, following the direction of the kings road with Kings Landing in the far distance. Aris wasn't sure she was going to make it in this little bird, but still she kept going, flying over the long lands in a desperation to reach the wedding.

She could feel her wings start to tire once she reached the walls of Kings Landing, the little bird flew over the buildings of Kings Landing heading for the castle. She flew over the castle walls heading for the gardens. There she was finally able to rest in a tree with the view of the wedding. Here noble people wondered the gardens wearing bright coloured clothes. She flew across the gardens where the wedding was taking place, long tables ran the distance of the space with giant plates of food. At the long table Sansa sat at the very end with Cersei, Tywin and Tommen on the same table.

At another table sat Lady Olenna.

Sansa's face was pale but her eyes were red and puffy. She wore her red hair in a southern style plate with a nice dress.

In the middle of the long table sat Margery, Joffrey on the other hand was standing in front of the table with Tyrion, tormenting him in front of everyone. Joffrey threw down his cup and demanded Tyrion return it to him.

Tyrion casted him a nasty look and leant underneath the table in search of the cup. Sansa stood and picked up the cup and reached over the table, handing it back to Tyrion. Tyrion ever so slowly walked back to Joffrey and held out the cup to him.

"What good is an empty cup?" spat Joffrey. "Fill it."

Tyrion took the wine vase from the table and poured it into the cup and held it back out to him. "Kneel." demanded Joffrey. "Kneel before your king."

Tyrion looked up at Joffrey refusing to kneel before him. "Kneel." demanded Joffrey and still Tyrion refused. Joffrey switched his weight from one foot to another and growled, "I said... kneel!"

"Look the pie!" announced Margery standing from her seat and the crowd erupted into cheers. Bakers carried out a massive pie on a cart decorated with Baratheon horns. Joffrey drew his Valerian steel sword and swung down the sword into the pie.

Pigeons erupted from the pie and flew into the skies. The crowd clapped and cheered as the bakers carried the pie away with dead pigeons inside. Servants girls brought both Joffrey and Margery a plate of the pie.

Margery picked a piece with a fork and fed it to Joffrey.

"Uncle!" called Joffrey turning to see Tyrion trying to leave with Sansa. "Where are you going? You're my cupbearer, remember?"

"I thought I might change out of these wet clothes, your grace." replied Tyrion.

"No, no, no." murmured Joffrey stuffing another piece of pie into his mouth. "You're perfect the way you are. Serve me my wine." he demanded.

Tyrion casted Sansa a look and trudged across the high stand to collect his cup, "Hurry up, this pie is dry!" spat Joffrey as he passed. Tyrion took the cup from the table and handed it to Joffrey.

Joffrey took a sip from the cup, "Mh, good." and he drank more. "Needs washing down."

"If please, your grace, Lady Sansa is very tired-"

"No!" coughed Joffrey. "No, you'll wait here-" he coughed again rubbing his throat. His coughing got out of control, he tried to sip the wine again.

"You're grace?" said Tyrion.

"It's nothing." Joffrey turned to Margery suddenly finding it hard to breath.

"He's choking!" she shouted and Cersei shot up from her seat.

"Help the poor boy!" demanded Lady Olenna. Joffrey stumbled dropping his cup. "Idiots! help your King!"

Joffrey collapsed to the ground couching up his insides. Jaime broke threw the crowd running to Joffrey's side. Cersei was quick to run to her son's side as Joffrey continued to choke.

Aris watched as a man came up behind Sansa urging her to leave with him. She turned away and fled with the man.

Cersei turned Joffrey over to see his face purple and his eyes bulging, drool salivated from the sides of his mouth and blood trickled from his nose. His hand reached out to Tyrion who picked up the cup Joffrey drank from as he stopped breathing and finally went limp.

"My son." cried Cersei before stopping her tears as anger washed over her. "He did this. He poisoned my son. Your King. Take him, take him!" she shouted as Kings Guard flanked Tyrion. "Take him! Take him!

Aris blinked as she was staring up at the tree canopy once more. She sat up to see the others enjoying the rabbit. "He's dead." she announced and they paused. "Joffrey is dead."

The Bandits casted each other looks before erupted into laughter and chanting, "The King is dead!"

"Did Sansa make it out?" asked Wyllim.

"Yes." replied Aris. "LittleFinger kept his word."

"The King is dead!" Codyn shouted into the trees. "The King is dead!"