Chapter Fifty One: BoysBoysBoys

The past few days Ramsay's mood seemed to have changed, he smiled toward Aris more often and his angry outbursts became less and less, he even allowed her more freedom around Winterfell. The only downside was that Wyllim was glued to her heels, everywhere she went, he followed on Roose Bolton's order to keep up the security levels to prevent her from escaping like Sansa and Theon.

It was strange she thought, she waited for the moment Ramsay slipped up and returned to his old self. She feared it everyday, she feared he'd turn around and hurt her without expectation.

Ramsay even went as far as to allowing Aris to attend hearings and meetings with the men. It was a bonus, she knew all his plans and the first chance she'd get, she'd send a raven to Castle Black for Jon.

"... We came up on the bodies on our way here." said a man standing at the dining table where Roose sat at the head.

Aris swiftly entered the hall with Wyllim on her heels and she casually stood by the fire where the Stark sigils in the stone was replaced by the Bolton sigil, she patiently waited and listened. Wyllim took his place standing between Aris and the Bolton's.

"Half a dozen men." said Roose unimpressed and turning his gaze to Ramsay who stood by the windows. "You're best hunters?"

"They obviously had help." retorted Ramsay annoyed.

"I didn't think Lady Sansa killed them all by herself." replied Roose and Ramsay looked away. "Thank you for this report, Lord Karstark."

Aris' head perked up at the name and Lord Karstark went to turn away when Ramsay said, "We know where she's going. She's going to Castle Black."

"Ned Starks last surviving son." implied Lord Karstark.

"Jon Snow's a bastard." informed Roose. "Not a Stark."

Ramsay pursed his lips slightly offended, "So was I, father."

"You're hold on the North will never be secure as long as a Stark can walk through those doors." informed Lord Karstark. "It seem's as though one already has." and he turned his gaze up to Aris standing by the fire.

"Mind your tongue." spat Ramsay. "She is my wife now. A Bolton."

"Apologies..."

"Castle Black isn't defended on the southern side and the few men left are barely men at all." said Ramsay. "Farm boys and thieves. With a small force we could storm the castle. Kill Jon Snow-"

"No!" shouted Aris and all the men turned their heads in annoyance, Roose most of all. "I mean... murdering the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch would unite every house in the North against... us." she nervously twiddled her fingers.

Roose rose an eyebrow and turned to Ramsay who smiled proudly, "Point well made, wife. You're learning to take our side alas!" and Aris pushed a smile. "But, we don't need every house in the North. the Umber's, the Manderlys, and the Karstarks, command more soldiers than all the other houses combined. With they're support, none could challenge us."

"The Starks lost my house the day King Robb cut off my father's head." Lord Karstark shot a nasty glance towards Aris. "It's time for new blood in The North."

Silence befall the hall and Roose rose from his seat, "If you acquire a reputation as a mad dog you will be treated as a mad dog. Taken out back and slaughtered for pig feed."

"My Lords, My Lady." interrupted the Maester. "Lady Walda has given birth. A boy! Red cheeked and healthy."

Ramsay's face turned to fear and anger and he clenched his jaw. "My congratulations, Lord Bolton." announced Wyllim.

"Yes, congratulations, Lord Bolton." repeated Lord Karstark as Roose turned to everyone in the room expecting thanks and he set his eyes on Aris who smiled and said,

"A wonderful day to celebrate, Lord Bolton."

and Roose turned his gaze unto Ramsay. He stepped forward staring into his fathers eyes trying to mask the fear they held and he embraced his father. "Congratulations, father. I look forward to meeting my new brother."

Roose pulled away from the hug and held Ramsay's shoulder, "You'll always be my first born."

"Thank you for saying that, it means a great deal to me." they stared at each other for a moment and Ramsay drove a knife into his father's abdomen and Roose cried out choking on his own blood.

The breath hitched in Aris' throat and she stifled a cry. There was his sudden outburst and she thanked the gods she wasn't in that position.

Wyllim went to pounce forward on instinct but refrained seeing the fear in Ramsay's eyes changed to anger as he tried to shove the knife in further before pulling it away and letting Roose collapse to the floor and his body went limp.

Ramsay shakily wiped the blood from his blade and said, "Maester Wolkon. Send ravens to all the Northern houses, Roose Bolton is dead. Poisoned by our enemies."

Maester Wolkon looked down at Roose's body with horror plastered over his face and Ramsay asked, "How did he die?"

Maester Wolkon swallowed the pile in the his throat and said, "... Poisoned by his enemies."

"You're talking to your lord." said Lord Karstark. "Use respect."

"Forgive me, My Lord."

"Send for Lady Walda and the baby." ordered Ramsay.

"She's resting."

Ramsay turned his deadly gaze on the Maester and the Maester corrected, "At once, My Lord." before he quickly shuffled away. Ramsay turned his wide eyes to Aris who stared down at Roose thanking he was dead, after all the times she thought about doing it herself for betraying her family and murdering her brother Robb, Ramsay did her the honours.

"Are you shocked, wife?"

"No." replied Aris calmly. "I'd have done it myself."

A crazed smile stretched across Ramsay's face and he stepped over his father's body, passed by Wyllim and approached Aris to embrace her. Holding his bloodied hand to her stomach and said, "You're becoming a Bolton more and more everyday. Soon, you'll have a Bolton son."

"What if it's a girl?"

"Then we'll have a daughter."

Despite his words, Aris knew that if was a girl, he'd kill it. Take it somewhere and leave it to die in the snow, or have it fed to his hounds. So she began hoping and praying to the old golds and the new that this baby was a boy. 

And soon, the screams and cries of Lady Walda the the new baby filled the courtyard with the sound of the hounds barking and howling.