Part 6

Taehyung woke up on the couch, a pillow under his head and a blanket tucked around him. He inhaled deeply, Hoseok's scent filling his nostrils as he let his eyes slowly open. He sat up, yawning and stretching his arms over his head, his lips smacking together as he fluffed his hair, shaking his head after, his floppy ears wiggling and the tag on his collar jingling. He reached up and touched it happily, fingers brushing over the engraving of 'HOPE' as he pulled his legs up, crossing them and relaxing into the couch.

He sighed happily. He had slept late, it was already early afternoon. He remembered watching a movie with Hoseok and must have fallen asleep on the couch during it. The sun was streaming brightly through the windows now in the afternoon light and there were birds chirping outside. He was feeling a little hungry and he wondered if Hoseok was still sleeping too, as late as it was.

He decided he would wait a little bit and see if he came downstairs soon. But after a few minutes he was bored and wondering how the human could possibly still be asleep. He got up off the couch slowly and stood up tall, reaching his arms over his head and pressing up on his toes with a final yawn. He paused, ears cocked and listening for his owner. But he didn't hear anything. He frowned and padded across the floor toward the stairs. He wasn't intending to be nosy, he just wanted to see if Hoseok was okay, he reasoned. He slowly climbed the stairs, listening intently, but his hybrid ears weren't picking up any movement or even breathing.

He frowned, wondering if maybe he just couldn't hear him through the door. He went slowly down the hall and paused outside Hoseok's room. The door was cracked. Taehyung had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, a low whine starting in the back of his throat already. He reached a hand up slowly and pushed against the door tentatively. It swung open, creaking slightly on the hinges and gradually revealed the room.

It was bright with south facing windows and light colored curtains and looked very comfortable, a large bed facing the windows on one wall was the focal point, a chair and some other furniture scattered around, the door to a closet open on one wall. While the room was generally tidy, the bed made neatly with white sheets and cream colored blankets pulled tightly, a scattering of pillows across the top, the closet was a whole other story. It was stuffed full of clothes arranged haphazardly, shoved in, covering the floor, shoes scattered throughout the mess. Hoseok had a lot of clothes. 

But Taehyung had no time to consider that when he realized that the bedroom was definitely, decidedly, empty. Hoseok wasn't there. He hurried out, his ears pressed back in worry. The door to the bathroom on that floor was open and no one was in it. He poked his head in his own room and the other guest room - empty. He flew back down the stairs, whining continuously now, his eyes wide and brow furrowed in worry. He looked in the bathroom downstairs and the study and the kitchen and the driveway where Hoseok's car wasn't parked and he ended up right back in the living room where he had started.

Hoseok wasn't there. He left, he was gone. And Taehyung was alone. He stood still in the middle of the room, his heart racing, breathing beginning to increase. Hoseok had left him. What if he never came back? Where did he go how long would he be gone? Taehyung had no idea. He was so scared and stressed, worried that he left him because he decided he didn't want him afterall or the hybrid had messed up somehow. He began to run his hands through his hair, breathing heavily, his ears pressed back against his head. Taehyung was bad at being alone, he always ended up doing things he shouldn't and he didn't mean to. He couldn't do that here, he needed to be good. But as he got more and more stressed and worried he began to fall apart, pacing and moving things and worrying throughout the apartment.

The next thing he knew, Taehyung refocused, blinking around himself as he stood in the center of a huge mess. The house was torn to shreds and the hybrid felt his eyes immediately fill with tears.