Part 7

Hoseok looked down at the sleeping hybrid next to him fondly. He couldn't believe he was already this attached to him after only a couple of days. His hand rested lightly on Taehyung's head, the soft fur of his ear beneath Hoseok's fingers. After he had arrived home and found the hybrid hiding in his bed, he had begun to soothingly stroke his ears and Taehyung had quickly fallen asleep.

"Poor guy is worn out from destroying the place," Hoseok murmured, chuckling lightly. He pulled out his phone and booked a cleaning company to come by the next day. "Gonna have to take a day off of work too I think," he said to himself as he updated his schedule. He sighed happily once everything was in order and stretched his arm out to set his phone down on the table by the bed. He tried to readjust to allow Taehyung to be more comfortable, but the hybrid just whined when he felt Hoseok moving and scooted closer, resting his head on the human's thigh.

Hoseok held his hands up awkwardly as Taehyung pressed his cheek against his thigh and sighed in his sleep, his face relaxing once again as he tucked a hand under Hoseok's leg, resting the other one on top of it. The human was tensed for a moment - Taehyung was just so...touchy. Hoseok really wasn't used to it. But...the weight of the boy's head resting on his thigh was...nice. Comforting almost. And the way he had reacted to Hoseok leaving was...he sighed, but slowly let his hand drift back to Taehyung's golden ear, running his fingers over the soft fur.

It was clear the dog had some kind of separation anxiety. He thought back to the state of the living room downstairs and winced. Severe separation anxiety. Hoseok leaned his head back against the headboard and sighed, mindlessly tracing his fingers through Taehyung's hair and over his ears. He could take tomorrow off but that would push his schedule so the rest of the week would be full. Maybe he could take Taehyung into the office with him? He sighed again. But that might overstimulate him.

He looked down at the hybrid fondly again. Taehyung was a sight. His sandy hair fell across his forehead to his eyes, which were softly closed, dark lashes resting against soft skin. His cheeks were smooshed and spread against Hoseok's thigh and his pink lips were parted, breaths coming steadily. How could anyone look at this face and think it belonged in a shelter?

He was still in his work clothes and he wanted desperately to take them off and get comfortable, but he couldn't bear to make Taehyung move. So he just leaned back against the headboard and let his eyes close, relaxing with the hybrid on his lap.

-

"Hey buddy," Taehyung heard a sweet voice saying softly, a gentle hand on his shoulder. He blinked his eyes open and yawned, stretching his arms over his head and smacking his lips.

"Hobi?" He asked, his voice feeling low and scratchy from all the crying and sleeping. He realized he had been sleeping with his head on the human's lap and Hoseok was still in his work clothes, his face puffy from sleep as well.

"Good morning. I need you to wake up so we can get out of here," Hoseok told him gently.

"Get out of here? Where are we going?" He asked, focusing on the face above his.

"Some people are coming over to clean."

Taehyung winced, turning his head to press his face against Hoseok's thigh in embarrassment.

"I'm sooorry Hobi," he whined. "I don't know what happened I just...I thought you were gone forever and you would never be back and I just-"

"Hey," Hoseok gripped his shoulder and suddenly tugged on it- not harshly, but enough that Taehyung knew he wanted him to turn and look at him. He complied, pouting up at the human. "I'm not mad at you Taehyung. The place needed a little redecorating anyway, don't you think?" He asked, smiling. "It will be good to get the cleaners in. Which brings me back to my original point. We have to go so they can work."