Part 32

Taehyung woke up to Hoseok trying to detangle himself from the hybrid's grip, his arms wrapped around his chest and leg strewn over his hip.

"Don't go," he murmured softly, nuzzling his face into Hoseok's chest. "Hobi please don't leave me."

Taehyung heard the man sigh softly, his arms giving him a final squeeze.

"Buddy I wish I could stay with you all day, but you know I have to go," he murmured.

"Nooo," Taehyung whined, pulling him even closer and rubbing his face against his chest, wanting to stay just a little longer, hold him just a little tighter.

"Tae, come on," Hoseok murmured, rubbing his back. Taehyung meant it to be playful, but when he opened his eyes and tilted his head up to look at the man he felt his eyes filling with real tears and his throat feeling tight. He tried to swallow it away but Hoseok saw, his own sleepy face instantly creasing with worry. "Tae, buddy," he said, hands coming up to cup the hybrid's cheeks. "You know I'll be back, I always come back."

"I know," Taehyung sniffled, shaking his head. "I know, I'm sorry." Hoseok just gazed into his eyes looking like it pained him to see Taehyung sad, and Taehyung realized for the first time in his life that - maybe it did.

"Why are you sorry pup?"

"I didn't mean to make you feel bad for leaving I know you have a job and a company to run, I just miss you all the ti-ime," he said quickly, trying to stop before he could sob and almost making it.

"Tae," Hoseok said, pulling his face back against his chest and hugging him tightly. "You know I miss you too." Taehyung sniffed, only letting himself cry a little.

"You do?" He asked, voice muffled by Hoseok's shirt. The man pulled back and frowned down at him, wiping away the stray tear on his cheek.

"Of course I do," he said. Taehyung sniffed, feeling terrible for making Hoseok feel bad so early in the morning. "Wanna come to work with me today?" He asked. Taehyung perked up instantly, his ears cocked and eyes open wide.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's go," Hoseok said, smiling and patting his back.

"Okay!" Taehyung finally released Hoseok and they climbed out of bed and took turns in the bathroom. Taehyung wandered in after he was done, frowning. "Hobi, what should I wear?" He asked.

"Whatever you want buddy," Hoseok called from his closet.

Taehyung retreated to his old room for the first time in a while to look through his clothes and came back in black jeans with button up tucked in.

"Can I wear one of your ties?" He asked.

"One of my- oh," Hoseok said, pausing with his hands on his top button, his eyes sliding over Taehyung. He swallowed and blinked a few times and Taehyung smiled shyly. "Uh yeah - yeah sure, whatever you want," he said. When they had dressed they left, and Taehyung was smiling big as he buckled himself into Hoseok's car. They stopped by the bakery to pick up breakfast and coffee (hot chocolate for Tae of course), waved to Jimin, and got to Hoseok's work. Taehyung walked alongside him happily up to his office, carrying his breakfast with him.

"I'm excited," he said.

"Oh yeah?" Hoseok asked, chuckling as he sipped his coffee. Taehyung nodded hard, his ears flopping. "You might get bored though."

Taehyung shook his head, ears flopping again the other way.

"No way, not if i get to hang out with you!"