Part 18

Taehyung was flopped on Jungkook's floor, whining wordlessly, his feet stretched across the younger hybrid's lap. Jungkook was once again playing a game.

"What?" He finally asked when Taehyung wouldn't be quiet.

"I miss Hobi," he complained.

"I know you miss Hobi you always miss Hobi," Jungkook grumbled. Taehyung opened his mouth but the bunny cut him off. "Let me guess, you want Hobi to kiss you and he still hasn't." Taehyung nodded, pouting. Jungkook paused his game and looked at him. "So why don't you just tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

"That you want him to kiss you.'

"I have!"

"Really?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, disbelieving.

"I mean. Not with words," Taehyung whined. "But I feel like I've been pretty clear."

"Human's are dumb," Jungkook shrugged.

"Excuse me?" Came a voice from the doorway as Seokjin was walking past. Both hybrids turned their heads to look at him at the same time.

"Hi hyung," Jungkook said.

"What was that about humans?"

"He said you're dumb," Taehyung piped.

"Shut up," Jungkook hissed.

"Humans can be dumb sometimes," Jin agreed though, nodding and shifting his weight to his other foot. "Can you be more specific?"

"I've been trying to subtly tell Hobi something and he's not getting it," Taehyung complained, sitting up, his ears perked toward the older human. "Why is he so dumb?" Seokjin laughed.

"He's not dumb, sometimes people just need you to spell it out for him. Subtlety might not be Hoseok's strong suit," Seokjin said, shrugging. "Be direct, Taehyung." He walked away after that. Taehyung flopped onto his back again.

"Being direct is haaaard," he whined. Jungkook shook his head, his long black ears flopping as he went back to his game.

-

The next day Taehyung was home alone and after his lunch video call with a smiling Hoseok he decided that was it. He was taking their advice. He was going to be direct. Hoseok was clearly attracted to him, he noticed all the man's little looks. He reveled in the way his arms felt wrapped around Taehyung when they cuddled on the couch. He adored the way Hoseok cared for him. He just needed more.

He had intended to have a conversation. He had rehearsed it in his head. But when he heard the car door close and the key scratching in the lock he lost all intention. He collided with Hoseok's solid chest as soon as the door closed behind him, throwing his arms around the man and hugging him tightly.

"You're finally home! You were gone for sooo long I thought you might never come back," he whined. Hoseok ruffled his hair and pulled back, shaking his head fondly.

"I was gone the same amount of time as every other day, silly boy," he chuckled. Taehyung felt so good and so happy right then in his arms that he just - didn't want to wait.

Hoseok leaned in to give Taehyung his usual peck on the cheek and instead of holding still and receiving it, at the last second Taehyung turned his head into it and Hoseok caught his lips instead. He pulled away quickly, his eyes wide and cheeks flushed pink, mouth open to apologize. But Taehyung still held his shoulders, and his eyes were set seriously as he stared at the man, swallowing heavily.

"Tae?" Hoseok asked uncertainly, taking a step back from him, his back nearly touching the door. Taehyung stepped back toward him though, his gaze heavy.

"I missed you," he said softly, continuing to close the distance between them. He reached for Hoseok's hands with both of his and held them tightly, leaning in so their bodies were touching and he was pressing his owner back against the door lightly. He slowly slid his hands up Hoseok's arms until he was cupping his face, gazing into his surprised eyes intently as the man's breath caught in his throat. "I missed you so much Hobi," he breathed, his voice deep and low. And then he leaned in slowly, holding Hoseok's face lightly so he could pull away if he wanted to.

And when he pressed their lips lightly together, the human stayed frozen in surprise for a breath. But as Taehyung encouraged him to kiss him back, moving his lips softly and sweetly, Hoseok's eyes fluttered closed and he gave in, going soft beneath the hybrid. When Taehyung felt Hoseok's lips parting against his and the man's hands slip up to grip his waist he whined happily, kissing him deeper and fuller, wanting him to know he had wanted this forever that kissing Hoseok had been all he thought about for weeks. Their lips moved against each other as if they were molded to fit and when Taehyung flicked the tip of his tongue over Hoseok's lower lip the man moaned, the sound shooting through Taehyung's body like lightning.

Taehyung didn't let up for several minutes, the relief at finally getting what he needed making it difficult to pull away. Hoseok allowed himself to stay pressed against the solid wood of the door and finally Taehyung slowed, pulling back. He gazed at Hoseok with hooded eyes and smiled lazily, slipping his big hands down to wrap his arms around Hoseok's small waist and pulling him close. He sighed contentedly and buried his face in the crook of the man's neck, unable to suppress the smile that spread over his lips. And then he said something he had been thinking every moment since he had smelled Hoseok that first day at the shelter.

"I love you Hobi hyungie," he murmured, as if it were the most normal thing in the world. Hoseok held him tightly, his breathing quick and heart beating loudly in his chest.

"I love you too baby boy," he whispered. Taehyung could feel his tail swishing happily behind him at the words. They stood there in contented silence for a few moments holding onto each other. And then, because he didn't know what to say, Taehyung pulled back and blinked shyly at his owner.

"What's for dinner?" He asked. Hoseok chuckled, his lips red and puffy, his cheeks pink and his eyes bright and happy. Taehyung had never been so in love, his heart thumping painfully as Hoseok smiled, that earth shattering grin that had always affected him this way.

And then they went about their evening normally, albeit cuddling maybe a bit closer than usual on the couch. Taehyung snuck little kisses along Hoseok's jaw line when he got bored of the movie, his legs draped over the man's lap and body tucked against his side. And Hoseok swallowed, his eyelids fluttering as he blinked quickly at the soft touch, his fingers tightening on Taehyung's waist. And then the hybrid laid his head back down on the man's shoulder and sighed happily.

And they didn't talk about it. Didn't say anything about what this meant, just held each other, and went to their respective rooms at bedtime. Hoseok leaned in tentatively to give Taehyung his goodnight kiss and hesitated, seeming unsure where he should plant his lips. So Taehyung stretched forward and pressed his own to the human's softly, pulling back quickly and watching Hoseok blush.

They dreamed of soft kisses in separate rooms, each wishing the other was next to them, but not quite sure they were ready for that just yet.

-

Kitties and Cupcakes, Chapter 18