Part 21

Taehyung lay on top of his blankets, his legs stretched out and hands tucked up behind his bed. His jaw was clenched and his dark brow furrowed as he stared at the ceiling, fuming. He couldn't believe he had kissed Hoseok just last night and the man had come home smelling like another human already.

He had smelled it right away, and when he got closer he realized it was him. The human that clearly wanted Hoseok, his secretary. It made him mad just thinking about it, wondering in what way the man had touched his Hoseok, where he might have put his hands, where he might have put his lips. His chest felt tight and his head felt hot and he was just so so jealous. He lay there stewing for a long time - at least an hour - before his blood cooled.

And slowly his face fell, and he realized that he was being ridiculous.

Hoseok didn't owe him anything. He worked with the man what if...what if Taehyung was wrong? What if nothing had even happened? Hoseok must think he was just some kind of crazy...animal now. Taehyung's face changed slowly from anger to sadness and he exhaled heavily through his clenched teeth, his throat feeling constricted as a lump rose in it. He had really gone in there and marked his owner when Hoseok hadn't even asked him to - had barely consented to it. 

Taehyung felt a tear trickle out of the corner of his eye, slipping back into his hair line. Hoseok had seemed so confused, he recalled, his vision swimming as the tears kept coming. And what if he was scared of him now? And what if...what if he didn't want him anymore?

Taehyung sat up quickly, covering his face with his hands and letting a sob slip out before wiping at his face, sniffing hard and swallowing down the lump in his throat. He made himself breathe deeply, quickly swiping away any stray tears that fell. He had to go apologize.

He got up and slipped out of his room, slowly padding down the hall on bare feet toward Hoseok's room. He tentatively knocked on the door, afraid Hoseok might be asleep. But there was a rustling and then a soft voice calling for him to come in.

Taehyung swallowed heavily, his ears drooping and his tail tucked between his legs. He slowly pushed the door open and shuffled through it, his head hanging in shame. He peered through his lashes over at the bed to see Hoseok laying on top of his blankets, pushed up onto his elbows. His throat was exposed, head turned to look at Taehyung in the doorway. The scent Taehyung had deposited on him was overwhelming, the room a heady mixture of Hoseok's warm and comforting scent and Taehyung's pheromones.

And the mark. Dark already, the mottled red and purple color standing out on Hoseok's neck a stark reminder of where Taehyung had placed his lips. His heart clenched painfully at the sight, guilt ripping through him.

"Tae?" Hoseok asked, pulling the hybrid's eyes from his throat to his face. He looked tense, worried.

"Hobi," Taehyung said, his voice breaking, hands pressing against his thighs worriedly. "I'm so-orry," he said, inhaling sharply to keep from sobbing.

"Tae it's okay-" Hoseok said, sitting up fully and shaking his head as Taehyung dissolved into tears, his face crumbling and his hands coming up to cover it. His shoulders shook as he sobbed and Hoseok scrambled to his feet, rushing to him. "Tae! Taehyung I'm sorry, please don't cry," he said, tugging at the hybrid's wrists. But Taehyung just cried harder, shaking his head until Hoseok was pulling him into his arms, hugging him tight to his chest, one hand on the back of his head and the other rubbing his back soothingly.

"H-Hobi," he whined into the man's shoulder, hugging him back tightly. Hoseok just shushed him and held him as he cried. When Taehyung had calmed down a bit but was sniffing, Hoseok pulled him to the bed and laid down, bringing the hybrid with him until Tae's head lay on his chest. Taehyung's arm was draped around Hoseok's waist and the man was stroking his ears, running his fingers over the soft fur and through his hair. Taehyung let his eyes drift closed, wondering how he had ended up snuggled with his favorite person after his terrible display of behavior earlier. He sniffed and nuzzled his face into Hoseok's chest.

"Taehyung," the man murmured softly, still petting him slowly.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung answered immediately, tightening his grip on Hoseok's waist. He sighed.

"I know you're sorry buddy, can you maybe elaborate?" He asked. Taehyung sniffed.

"I'm sorry for being a big jealous meanie and for marking you so rough. I shouldn't have done that," he mumbled. "I'm a bad hybrid." He raised his eyes tentatively, tilting his head so he could see Hoseok. "Are - are you gonna send me back?" He asked softly. Hoseok just shook his head.

"Nope," he said, pursing his lips so his dimples showed, his hand stilling on Taehyung's head. Taehyung's lower lip trembled again and Hoseok reached out and pressed his thumb to it, making the hybrid freeze in surprise. "What can I do to get you to stop crying buddy?" He asked gently.

"Let me sleep here?" Taehyung begged softly, his eyes big and wide and ears cocked hopefully. "Please Hobi, can I stay with you?"

"Yeah if that's what you want, of course," Hoseok replied, stroking his fingers slowly over Taehyung's ears. The hybrid's eyes fluttered shut and he hummed contentedly. "What else?" Hoseok asked. Taehyung hesitated. He felt like he was pushing it, but he really wanted his welcome home kiss, even though it had been hours. He pushed up a little bit, looking at his human with sad, hopeful eyes.

"Kiss?" He asked in a tiny voice. Hoseok looked silently back at him for a moment before gently cupping his cheeks and leaning down, tugging lightly at him so he would scoot up and they could connect their lips in the middle. Taehyung pressed up on the bed, leaning into the man as they kissed.

It was so different than last time.

That had been all Taehyung - all need and rushing and wanting, all pent up emotion flooding out at once with their first kiss. It had been hurried and rough and hot and wonderful. But this was different. This was all Hoseok, and it was soft and sweet and gentle and it made Taehyung want to cry. The way the human was cradling his face like he was afraid to break him, the way Hoseok's lips brushed against his so softly he leaned closer just to feel more. Taehyung just held still and went pliant, letting Hoseok kiss him the way he wanted to, sweet and slow. Each tiny movement of the human's lips against his had Taehyung falling deeper into him, until he wanted to be totally consumed. With a final tiny kiss Hoseok pulled back. Taehyung's eyes slowly opened, a shaky exhale pushing its way out of him.

"Do you feel better?" Hoseok asked him, brushing his hair back from his face and studying his features.

Taehyung turned his hips away from Hoseok slightly just to be sure as he nodded.

"Thank you Hobi," he said softly. Hoseok nodded.

"I'm sorry I upset you," the human said, looking directly into Taehyung's eyes. "It wasn't my intention. I love you pup." He smiled. Taehyung's throat felt tight again because he really didn't deserve Hoseok's apology, but the man just clicked his tongue, chuckling. "You are supposed to be done, no more crying I said," he told him.

"I'm s-sorry. Nn-o more," Taehyung agreed, shaking his head. Hoseok smiled and pulled him down and Taehyung laid his head on the man's shoulder, draping his arm back around his waist. "I can make the mark heal quicker if you want," Taehyung said shamefully.

"I don't mind the mark Tae," Hoseok murmured.

"Really?" Taehyung asked, looking up at him.

"I mean it's a bit bigger than necessary, but it's okay. And it might solve a little issue I'm having at work anyway," he said, his hand back to softly petting Taehyung's ears and hair.

"I'm sorry I was so rough then," Taehyung said quietly. Hoseok was silent.

"You were jealous," he finally said after a moment.

"Yeah," Taehyung breathed, nervous that Hoseok would say he didn't get to be jealous, or he wasn't his to be jealous of. But instead he smirked and patted Taehyung's head where his hand rested.

"Cute."