Part 12

Taehyung was a heavy sleeper, so when Hoseok went into his room in the morning to say goodbye he didn't totally wake up. But he did vaguely feel something that could have been a pair of soft lips on his forehead, a weight on his shoulder that could have been a hand. In his half sleep dreaming Hoseok's voice was saying,

"Have a good day buddy." Taehyung sighed in his sleep and rolled over.

When he woke up fully a couple hours later, he sighed happily, feeling warm and secured in his blankets. He quirked his ears and listened for the familiar sounds of Hoseok roaming around the house for a few moments before he remembered that he wasn't there.

He was alone.

Taehyung sat bolt upright in bed, his heart rate skyrocketing. Alone, he was alone, Hoseok was gone. His face changed from peaceful to distressed so fast, a whine starting in the back of his throat but then his eyes caught on the cell phone on his bedside table. He reached for it, fumbling at first until the screen lit up and he relaxed a tiny bit when he saw Hoseok's familiar profile as the background. He swallowed and opened the phone, pulling up his messages.

Pup: HOBI HOBI HOBI

He stared at his phone, clutching it in his big hands, his tail twitching anxiously on the bed. It finally dinged and he nearly deflated in relief.

Hobi: what what is it is something wrong are you okay??

Taehyung smiled to himself at Hoseok's worry, grinning as he typed back.

Pup: I just woke up
Pup: was worried maybe you weren't there

Hobi: of course I'm here
Hobi: I told you didn't I?

Pup: yeah but...

Hobi: it's okay Tae.
Hobi: did you sleep well?

Taehyung was still grinning widely as he watched the little typing bubbles appear, thinking about Hoseok sitting behind his big desk, writing messages just to him. He let himself fall back onto the pillow, chewing his bottom lip shyly as he typed back.

Pup: yes ^_^
Pup: but you were supposed to say bye to me :c

Hobi: I did!
Hobi: but you were asleep

Pup: oh wait! I kinda remember now heh

Hobi: you should get out of bed and have some breakfast

Pup: okay!

Taehyung hesitated, his thumbs hovering over the keys.

Pup: hey Hobi?

He hit send, staring nervously at the screen as he waited for the response. When he saw the typing bubbles he squirmed as he felt his stomach flip flopping nervously.

Hobi: what's up?

Pup: I'm still feeling kinda...anxious so...
Pup: send a selfie?

He hit send and then locked his phone and tossed it down on the pillow next to him, whining and covering his face with his hands. But he held totally still, waiting for the bell to signal a received message anxiously.

*Ding!*

Taehyung grabbed the phone, opening it in a hurry. He almost squealed audibly when he saw the message.

Hobi: Haha. Sure bud

 Sure bud