Part 35

They left the park, Hoseok still reeling from his realization of his feelings for Taehyung. He held the hybrid's hand mindlessly as they trudged back to the car and piled into the suv and ten minutes down the road the back seat was silent, all three hybrids passed out after their tiring day. Hoseok glanced in the mirror and felt his chest swell with warmth again at the sight of the boys' heads all drooped onto each other's shoulders.

"You're so sweet with Tae," came a voice from the seat next to him. Hoseok clammed up, his hands tightening on the wheel. "The way you kissed him...I didn't realize you guys had that kind of relationship," she said hesitantly.

Hoseok sighed, keeping his eyes on the road. He wasn't sure how much he wanted to tell her. It was normal for humans to adopt hybrids, care for them, sleep with them...in a backwards way the relationships were often sexual in nature but rarely romantic. The issue was the taboo around human/hybrid partnerships. It wasn't legal for humans and hybrids to marry, and they couldn't have children together. Hoseok and Taehyung's relationship wasn't ordinary...but Taehyung wasn't ordinary. Hoseok had never met anyone like him, had never felt like this about anyone but him. He sighed again and opened his mouth to speak. He wanted to tell her, since aside from Taehyung she was his closest friend...but he was nervous.

"It wasn't always like this, it just sort of...happened. I know, I know it isn't a normal hybrid/owner relationship but-" Hoseok paused, his voice getting uneven, throat feeling thick. "I just love him so much!" He said, blinking quickly and clearing his throat as she reached over and placed her hand on his leg supportively. "I know what the world says about that. But I can't help it. Taehyung is-"

"Hobi?" A soft voice came from the back seat, Taehyung stirring sleepily and peering at them in the front. "What's the matter? Are you sad?" He asked, frowning. Hoseok glanced at him in the mirror and their eyes met, the human immediately softening as he looked at him. He smiled and shook his head.

"No bud, I'm not sad. Nothing's the matter I am just talking with noona."

Taehyung frowned and turned his attention to her briefly as he yawned, leaning his his cheek back down on the top of Jimin's head and closing his eyes again.

"Noona, don't make my Hobi sad," he muttered, drifting back to sleep.

"I won't buddy, I promise," she assured him with a smile. Hoseok pulled into the driveway at Jungkook's house and put the car in park, holding his jaw tight. "Fuck what people say, Hobi!" She said, keeping her voice quiet. "It's no one's business but yours and his, and i will personally fight anybody who says different. And I'm so happy for you two!" She said, reaching over to squeeze his hand. Hoseok swallowed and allowed himself to relax a little, reaching up to rub his eyes.

"I don't know why I didn't tell you before," he said, shaking his head. "I was just scared to tell anyone. I know how you feel about hybrids...I'm sorry I kept it from you."

"It's okay to be afraid. I'm happy for you though," she said. "Now let's get this sleepy bunny out of the backseat, huh?"

Hoseok chuckled and sniffed as he unbuckled his belt and climbed out of the car, circling around to reach in and carefully lift Jungkook out from beneath Jimin's head. The cat hybrid whimpered in protest but turned to snuggle up to Taehyung as Hoseok carried Jungkook up the walk, the bunny's head drooping onto his shoulder. He handed the boy off to Seokjin who whispered a thanks as Jungkook snaked his arms sleepily up around his owner's shoulders and nuzzled his nose into his neck. He got back in the car and drove them to their apartment, waiting as she reached into the back seat and shook Jimin awake.

"By the way," she said as the hybrid crawled out, yawning and stretching. "You are not off the hook for telling me details later." She winked and Hoseok laughed. "Say thank you to Hobi hyung, kitten," she said, reaching for Jimin's hand.