Part 10

When Hansol had left the office, Hoseok sighed and moved to sit behind his desk, booting up his computer to get to work.

"So I have some stuff to take care of this morning and then I have a meeting at eleven. It will be in here, but you can stay if you want. Sit wherever, or if you want to wander around a bit you're welcome to," he said, glancing at Taehyung. He did a double take though when he saw the look on his face. "Uh Tae? Something wrong?"

Taehyung blinked and seemed to snap out of whatever it was, his frown turning thoughtful.

"How long has that guy been working here?" He asked, eyes straying back to Hoseok's secretary.

"Hm? Hansol? Just a couple of months, he was in the batch of new interns." Taehyung was watching his back as the boy sat back down at his desk outside the office. "So um. You can sit wherever," Hoseok told him before diving into his emails. He glanced up when he saw Taehyung rolling one of the meeting chairs around his desk to sit next to him. He smiled fondly as the hybrid toed off his shoes and pulled his feet up, sitting cross legged in his chair.

"Do any hybrids work here?" He asked, giving his chair a little push and spinning in a slow circle.

"Um..." Hoseok thought. "I think there's a hybrid in the new intern group. Hansol!" Taehyung stopped his chair and turned his sharp gaze at the door, watching as the boy hopped up and poked his head through Hoseok's door.

"Yes sir?" He asked.

"One of the interns is a hybrid right? Isn't she a...cat type?"

"Yes sir, but no - she's a rab-"

"A rabbit! That's right. Thank you, sorry to disturb you." Hansol smiled widely, his eyes squinting cutely, lips spreading to show off his big gummy smile.

"It's alright sir, I don't mind," he said before going back to his desk. Hoseok thought he heard a low growl rumble softly in Taehyung's throat, but when he glanced at him the dog was just pulling out his phone. Hoseok smiled to himself and looked back at his computer.

"Actually my meeting is with all the interns later - just doing a little Q&A on their thoughts so far. Always good to check in with new people to see what kind of fresh insight they might have," he murmured. Hoseok liked to talk, so it was nice to have Taehyung there, even if he wasn't really paying close attention. But as he spoke the hybrid let out little 'mhm's and 'yeah's here and there and Hoseok felt good. He was talking about one of their new projects when he was distracted by a new email and trailed off in the middle of his sentence, reading it.

"What about them?" Taehyung prompted. Hoseok blinked in surprise and looked back at him to find Taehyung looking at him with his ears perked and his phone resting on the desk.

"Oh," Hoseok paused. He really didn't think Taehyung would listen - didn't expect him to care about what Hoseok was saying. But the hybrid was watching him with those interesting eyes patiently, waiting for him to go on. Hoseok cleared his throat, looking away from Taehyung's deep gaze quickly. He didn't know why but he was feeling overwhelmed by how handsome Taehyung was and had to pause. He cleared his throat and then picked his story back up where he left it off, talking more animatedly now that he knew Tae was listening.

-

When the interns started to trickle in Taehyung returned his chair to the circle, and then walked over and hopped up to sit on Hoseok's desk and watch them all during the meeting. All generally Hansol's age, a few years younger than Hoseok and himself, they chattered amongst themselves as they sat. Come to think of it, Taehyung remembered that many of the employees were young - although several of them had looked older than Hoseok.