16. Fight Back

Catalina's POV

Catalina's POV

"Did it work?"

I hear one of the Pirates ask as Will and I make our way to the hill of treasure behind Barbossa.

"I don't feel no different."

"How can we tell?"

Barbossa frowns, draws his pistol, and shoots the pirate next to the one who had just spoken. The pirate reacts in shock, grabs his chest... but doesn't die.

The pirate to his right frowns, "You're not dead."

"No," he shakes his head then realizes what had just happened, "He shot me!"

"It didn't work! The curse is still upon us!"

Barbossa searches his mind for an answer but then frowns and turns to Elizabeth.

"You. Maid. Your father. What was his name?"

She doesn't answer as silence fills the cave.

He grabs her roughly, "Was your father William Turner?!"

Elizabeth takes the time to smile before answering, "No."

The pirates cry out in alarm. Barbossa gathers himself, getting his rage under steely control.

"Where's his child? The child that sailed from England eight years ago, the child who is the real owner of that medallion, the child in whose veins flows the blood of William Turner?! Where?"

She smirks making him angrier. Barbossa growls angrily then slaps her hard across the face, sending her sprawling down the hill of treasure.

"You brought us the wrong person!"

"She had the medallion!"

All of the pirates start to argue as Will runs over to Elizabeth. The two quietly run over to where I stand and we hurry out the cave. We get to the longboat and Will rows is to the Interceptor.

Feeling eyes on me, I look up to see Elizabeth looking me up and down. Tilting my head to the side with an amused face I stare back.

"Will, who is this?"

Will looks at the two of us and laughs nervously, "Oh this- her... she is j-just- that's just Cat. Catalina. She used to be a friend of Jack's. But you know Jack."

"Right. You seem familiar..."

"Weird. You don't."

Elizabeth gasps in shock.

The ride back to the ship is quiet. You can feel the tension and anger Elizabeth gives off. I just smile.

Finally, we are back on the Interceptor at full sail, headed out to sea. Gibbs glances at Elizabeth and
Will, talking alone on the forecastle and shakes his head.