13. Nightmares

*** ⚠️ WARNING!! Abuse and sexual assault are mentioned and described in this chapter if that is not okay with you then skip please. ⚠️ ***

I open my eyes to see two black boots at my head. They walk around my body making me shake in fear. I hear laughing and jingling. Suddenly, I'm harshly kicked in the stomach.

I scream out in pain holding my stomach as the person continues to kick me. The kicking stops and the pair of boots disappear from my view.

Out of nowhere, I'm rolled onto my back. I look up and adjust my eyesight to the brightness. Looking around I see I'm on a ship surrounded by eight soldiers. There's one standing in the way back by the stairs with his arms crossing looking disgusted.

I wonder if he's disgusted with me or something else.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I feel a slap to the face. The men laugh as I whimper in shock. One of the soldiers gets down on his knees and tries to get between my legs. He's tries to pry them from each other but I don't let him. His fingers dig into my skin making me groan in pain but not give up. Getting my strength back slowly I sit up and punch him in the face. He falls back in shock and anger.

I try to scoot back quickly but am stopped by two more pairs of boots. The two men behind me grab my arms and yank me to my feet. I scream in pain as one pulls my left arm out of its socket.

The man who I punched disappears into a cabin then comes back out with a rod. I notice it's steaming hot and getting closer to me. I try to fight and pull away but the men are too strong. The rod touches my wrist making me yell in agony. The smell of burnt skin makes me throw up. One of the soldiers yells out in disgust as the vomit hits his boots.

I fall to the floor looking at the fresh burnt P on my skin. Tears fall down my face as I think about how safe I was a few hours ago. Right now I may die. And I'm so scared but I'm not giving up.

As the other soldiers laugh at the one trying to get the vomit off his shoe, I back away to the railing. The one soldier that was in the shadows looks at me and shakes his head. I frown at him then notice that I don't hear the soldiers laughing anymore. Turning around, I see all the men looking at me with evil smirks. I look back towards the rail behind me and turn to jump over. Just as I'm about to leap off the quiet hidden soldier grabs my body.

"No! Leave me alone! Let me go!"

He lets me go on the deck and I stand up and punch him across the face. He looks at me angrily.

"You know I was going to be nice. But now I'm going to ruin you."

He punches me straight in the eye making me fall to the ground crying in pain. He turns around ignoring me and tells the men to have at me. Rage consumes me as I quickly stand up and steal the sword from the soldier then stab him in the back. He yells out and falls to the ground. The others look at me while holding up their hands.

I back away towards the stairs. The back of the boat is where my fathers boat is. Maybe I can get to that and try to quickly disappear. As I'm thinking about an escape plan a man behind me holds a glass bottle over my head then slams it down making me fall to the grind half conscious.

"She's a fighter. She needs to be broken."

I look up groaning in pain as Cutler Beckett walks away. Hearing jingling I look towards the soldiers to see them removing their belts. A sob starts to break loose as I try to move but my body doesn't listen.

"What are we doing?" I hear one of the soldiers in the back ask.

"We've been out to sea for weeks now... We've got no prostitutes on water, she'll do..."

"This is wrong."

"Then go away."

I don't hear any retreating footsteps so I know the soldier who said this was wrong hasn't left. Which makes him just as bad as the others.

The soldier that I stabbed in the back rolls me over then smirks. Feeling a punch to my face, I groan but don't have enough energy to scream. He repeatedly punches me and laughs as I groan. My right eye starts to swell up making me only see through one blurry left eye. He gets out a knife and starts to cut my clothes away. He cuts me as torture then takes off his own undergarments.

He leans down next to my ear, "You're going to wish you never fell in love with Jack Sparrow."

Prying my legs apart he aligns himself then...

"No! Leave me alone! Please stop!"

"Cat!"

"I just want to find my friend!"

"Cat!"

"Please don't!"

"Catalina!"

My eyes open quickly as I take in the room. I look up to see a man with black dreadlocks and beads in some. His face has some facial hair, not too much. His deep brown eyes stare dead into mine with concern as I look around in fear.

He raises his hand up and wipes a tear that had slid down my cheek.

"Catalina... it's just a dream. It's not real..."

Holding my hands up to my face, I start to sob.

"That's the thing Jackie. It wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare... a memory."

Jack frowns, "Move over."

"What? No."

"Catalina stop being so stubborn. Whenever you couldn't sleep when we were little I would climb in and lay with you. You'd be out within seconds. I'm trying to help you. Please let me help you. I can't bear to hear you scream and cry again."

I sigh then move over. He pulls the first sheet up but leaves the second sheet down to lay on top of. This way we are separated by something.

I glance at him in curiosity and he doesn't notice. He just pulls me into his arms and lays his head on my shoulder. I turn back to look at the wall. My hand lays on his arm which is wrapped around my waist. Feeling oddly content, I sigh and start to relax a little.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But what exactly were you dreaming?" He whispers making my body tingle as his breath tickles my neck.

"Nothing."

"Alright. Whenever you are ready to tell me. I'll be here."

Silence fills the room as I stare at the wall in anger and frustration.

"Something bad happened. When I was almost 21."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. But I'm here now."

"Jackie... thank you."

"No problem Catalina."

Once again we go silent. Our breath is the only sound heard. Our chests both mimic one another going up and down at the same time. It feels as if our hearts are connecting. I know this is making me start to hate him less and I hate it but that nightmare shook me too much to kick him out.

"Jack when it's tomorrow you tell no one this happened."

"Understood."

I smile a little as he starts to lightly snore. I missed this but I can't forgive him without an explanation of why he disappeared. I will find out why and when I do I better like the answer or Captain Jack Sparrow will be ten feet under.

 I will find out why and when I do I better like the answer or Captain Jack Sparrow will be ten feet under